7.12.2016

All that matters.

Last Friday, my Facebook showed this quote as a memory from 5 years ago:

"Part of enduring well consists of being meek enough, amid our suffering, to learn from our relevant experiences. Rather than simply passing through these things, they must pass through us and do so in ways which sanctify these experiences for our good (see D&C 122:7). Thereby, our empathy, too, is enriched and everlasting." - Elder Neal A. Maxwell

Then, this morning, I had the opportunity to be in the temple with my mom's side of the family for an early morning session. Light streamed into the temple as we entered the celestial room and my great aunt came up to me and said, "You know what? I don't know why we have to pass through the different trials we do in life or why our journeys have to be the way they are. But I do know this. This is all that matters. Getting to this point of returning to Heavenly Father's presence and being with your family." 

Simply put, but just what I needed and being with my family in the temple reminded me of this simple truth: 

 

No matter what. I need to be better at remembering this simple truth and I'm trying to be better at recognizing it in small moments throughout my day, rather than beating myself up over the weak parts of my day. I hope that as the trials of life continue, I can remember to keep this thought as my guide. I am loved by so many. You are loved by so many. Don't give up and keep trying. Some experiences are heart wrenching to expand your heart to fit all the reminders and ways of the love He has for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger