2.13.2016

"love is what you go through together" -- hopie j (my sister)

This post is from my darling sister, Hope. I think it's too hard to sum up all my love and feelings for Hopie J right now or I'll start a novel of a post and probably crying. It's been so amazing to watch her grow up into a beautiful , accomplished woman the past few years. 

She can do anything, literally anything in this world. She is so capable and smart. She started as an Aggie at USU the day after I returned from Seattle (this picture) and now she's getting married in 3 months! As Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast...if you don't stop to look around, you might miss it." I'm grateful I've been able to watch Hope grow up. I'm grateful Heavenly Father knew we needed to be sisters to learn and grow from each other in life. I'm grateful for how she's expanded my heart in a way only a sister can.  I'm grateful for her perfect example in all she does.  I'm simply just so grateful for her, I could go on and on.

Love you to the moon and back, sista!!

...


In a world that is constantly trying to define love, I believe that Mr. Thurber has hit the nail on the head. Romantic love, family bonds, and friendship are all dependent on the loyalty we show each other through both the good and the bad. I don’t know where or who I’d be without the people who have stood by me through everything.

All my life my parents have taught their children to, “Get up, dress up, and show up for family.” The eternal nature of our families make them even more of a priority. Thinking back on my life, my biggest cheerleaders and allies have been my parents, siblings, and grandparents, and they’ve always given freely of their love and time. I’m blessed to have such examples!

Good friends are hard to come by. Great friends are somewhat of a miracle! Even though we’re at different colleges, in different states, and even different countries, I know that the memories—some sad but mostly happy— and laughter we’ve shared have formed bonds that will last through this life and into the next. Although my transition to college life happened as seamlessly as one could hope, I missed my good friends and family. This past September I found myself feeling more alone than I ever had, praying to Heavenly Father for a best friend--someone I could rely on as much as Him. I am forever grateful for His wisdom and sense of humor, for it was the next week that the love of my life and I started dating. Joshua Deron Tinsley is the all I could have hoped for and more, and he constantly amazes me with his capacity to love so purely. I know that life can be bitter and sweet, difficult and easy, but there is absolutely no one I would rather go through all of it with. I am so grateful to call him mine forever, starting on May 20th.

One more kind of love, the most notable of all.

“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.”
-Alma 7:11-12

If “love is what you go through together,” then there is no match for Jesus Christ’s selfless sacrifice. Not only did He die for us but He went through EVERYTHING with us—every pain, disappointment, and sorrow. We don’t have to do it alone because He is there every step of the way. How thankful I am for the knowledge of my Redeemer’s infinite and unconditional love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger