7.08.2015

late night thoughts.

You're very lovely. 
Don't talk that way, you'll think I came in to hear that. 
I know why you came in. 
Why? 
Because something has happened to us. 
But it doesn't happen like that, in a day. 
It happens in a moment sometimes. I felt it this afternoon. Like lightning striking. It strikes rarely.

---

Two Sundays ago, I was driving over to Carkeek Beach for a Sunday BBQ with some church friends. While driving through dense trees and smelling the sea as I approached the beach, I was listening to the classical music station playing different movie scores. One from a Hitchcock movie called "Spellbound" and they played this sound clip of words before explaining more about the composer of the score. 

Those words and accompanying music were breathtaking to me.

It only takes a moment, a lightning strike, a realization, a choice.  

Isn't it amazing how words of love and music can strike such a chord within our souls? I think it's the universal language, second to the Spirit. Words and music can be powerful conduits for the Spirit. 
While I don't believe in soulmates, I believe there are people we are supposed to meet in this life. It only takes a moment to recognize the eternity within our souls, the connections that go beyond reason and beyond mortality. 

How grateful I am for those people, those eternal bonds I have in my life. The eternal bonds I choose to make in this life. The ability to foster and nurture those bonds with friends, family, and future spouse and the future family we will have together. 

At times, I lose sight of eternity and faith in my own eternity. Eternity seems so unfathomable, but we don't have the right to limit God to our own understanding. I have to remind myself to be grateful for the little glimpses we do get of eternity during this short mortal experience and for the chance we have to put trust in Him. Let us not forget who is leading us along. Be confident in our Heavenly Father. Who we are in this life is in direct correlation with who we serve, who we worship, who we pray to, who we find identity in. And if it's not pointing our soul to Christ, it is not eternal. Do not hold onto something that is only temporary. Find identity in Christ and seek for the eternal. Seek for that universal language, the Spirit, to dwell within your lives and to distill the peace, the perspective from Heaven. Heaven is fighting for you, cheering for you, helping work within you and others for your ultimate good. 

1 comment:

  1. "Let us not forget who is leading us along. Be confident in our Heavenly Father. Who we are in this life is in direct correlation with who we serve, who we worship, who we pray to, who we find identity in. And if it's not pointing our soul to Christ, it is not eternal. Do not hold onto something that is only temporary. Find identity in Christ and seek for the eternal."

    AHHHH! You have done it again. I have spirit chills on the train. :) Thank you for this beautiful entry. It is all, so true. I loved when you said we don't have to limit God to our own understanding. I do that ALL the time, but He is beyond that, and we can trust in that and move beyond our doubts and perspective, too. I love that!! And I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger