10.27.2014

"It's so mysterious, the land of tears." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, "The Little Prince"

Vulnerability is one of those things, emotions, feels...
It wreaks havoc or helps you soar above the abyss of regret and unsaid, un-acted upon kindnesses. It is what drives risk-taking. And while, at times, it is deeply gratifying to vulnerable, it's also scary as hell. (+1 for the swear jar, but there was no other way to say it...sorry, dear reader!)

I feel like the more I am vulnerable, the more I receive strength beyond my own to cope and move forward with decisions in life, whether the outcome is good or bad. Even then, I feel like every outcome is good...whether it shows immediately or it will be seen as good in hindsight down the road. With every decision and consequence, I hope to always walk with confidence, grace, and truth as I seek to do His will. And I know that if there are road-blocks, I can always get back on the path, because of a loving Savior. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as I sat in a quiet, empty house on Saturday night, listening to the pouring rain outside and "The Little Prince" on audiobook, I thought about my vulnerable state and I felt these words pierce my soul, as unexpected tears trickled down slowly. 

“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 


How grateful I am to have a heart. To have the capacity and blessing to discern with my heart, to speak with my heart, to love and care with my heart. And while I'm not perfect, I know that as I seek to learn of the Savior, who has the limitless capacity to love, my perspective and heart will be expanded to love all around me. This I know to be true: the focus of our vision for ourselves, our dreams for ourselves will determine our reality. Fan the flame of faith; faith in yourself, faith in others, and faith in a loving Heavenly Father's plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger