10.25.2014

a million dreams of love surround her



Once upon a time, I sat by a boy in honors biology during my sophomore year of high school. Like every other girl, I found him charming and equally, I think he liked me. However, this isn't a story about that...but a line of a song that has always stuck with me. One day, he told me I reminded him of the song, "She's Got A Way" by Billy Joel.

For a long time after high school, I couldn't listen to Billy Joel due to weird memories associated with this song and many others (haphazard choir class performances). However, a few weeks ago, I was listening to this song and i remembered my favorite line of the song, "a million dreams of love surround her."

For all my life, I have loved LOVE. Thinking about it, talking about it, trying to show it to others. And I think as I continue in my mortal journey, I will continue to have a millions of dreams of love. The other day, I called my parents in tears about my many imperfections. And they reminded me that although I am an imperfect human, but through my Savior, Jesus Christ, I can always feel the divine love of the Atonement. I have felt the divine love of His sacrifice, I do feel that love every day as I receive strength beyond my own from Him, the capacity to do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13).  And I know I will eventually be made perfect through Him as I continue to love others, walk with Him, and seeking to draw nearer to Him in my mortal experience.

I hope my life reflects my million dreams of love. The dreams of helping others. The dreams of becoming a better, more refined person. The dreams of finding a true companion in a virtuous, loving man. The dreams of loving those future children I've felt cheering me on and building a posterity. The dreams of building the kingdom with my companion and family as we show Christlike love to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger