9.17.2014

happy birthday, dad!!

{Dad loves selfies, but he was probably still focused on the game instead of the camera}

Happy Birthday to the man who loves me first and loves me most. Thank you for teaching me how to love all sorts of little things--nature, basketball, the Utes, cooking, yard work, old music, dark chocolate (and the Dove promises)--and all sorts of big things--working hard in school and jobs, people (no matter who they are), my family, and most importantly, the Gospel. 

When I left Young Women's and transitioned into Relief Society at high school graduation, I still remember an old lady in our ward saying after they did a getting to know you thing about me, "She's never going to find anyone as wonderful as her dad." 

Oh sweet Grace, while it's true my dad is practically perfect, but I know he wants nothing more than this  ↓  for me and I'm grateful to you, Dad, for all your prayers, Priesthood blessings, love, and support.

"I loved Susan from the moment she was born, and I love her now and every minute in between. And what I dream of 
is a man who will discover her, and that she will discover a man...who will love her, who is worthy of
her, who...has the grace, compassion, and fortitude to walk beside her...as she makes her way through life."
[William Parrish, Meet Joe Black] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger