9.09.2014

e.e. cummings is wonderful.

XVII
lady, i will touch you with my mind.
touch you and touch and touch
until you give
me suddenly a smile, shyly obscene
(lady i will
touch you with my mind.)
touch you, that is all,
lightly and you utterly will become
with infinite care
the poem which I do not write.
- e.e. cummings

(from e.e. cummings: Complete Poems, 1904-1962)

dear future darling, 

please let me be that lady. 
please be the one to bring the 
exciting and sad and deep and thoughtful and insightful 
conversations into my life.
please care for me completely and entirely, 
with a love that quietly speaks volumes...
so we can become the unwritten poem.

love you, 
your adoring future wife.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that poem is BEAUTIFUL! You are like a modern-day touch of Jane Austen for me. Such a sincere and adoring desire for love. I LOVE it! You have such a soft and kind heart. Hope Seattle is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger