5.31.2014

the all time favorite quotes {pt. 7}

“It was meant to be that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, even some failure is normal. If you have a good, miserable day once in a while—or several in a row—stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out. There is great purpose in our struggle in life.” President Boyd K. Packer

"Suppose that Jesus Christ and holy angels should object to us on frivolous things, what would become of us? We must be merciful to one another, and overlook small things." -Joseph Smith

“Shouldn’t we hold out for the person who doesn’t just tolerate our little quirks, but actually kinda likes them?" –Anonymous

"I knew that he loved me & that he would always be good to me. But I also knew that I would never come first wih him & that was O.K.. I knew he was going to devote his life to The Lord & I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have him devoted to." –Marjorie Pay Hinckley

"Without the Atonement of Jesus Christ, life would be a dead-end road without hope or future. With the Atonement, life is an ennobling, inspiring journey of growth and development that leads to eternal life in the presence of our Heavenly Father."—Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level." E. Tolle 

"If you advance confidently in the direction of your dreams, and endeavor to live the life you have imagined, you will be met with a success unexpected in common hours." - Henry David Thoreau


"It is quite right that you should feel that 'something terrific' has happened to you...accept these sensations with thankfulness as birthday cards from God, but remember that they are only greetings, not the real gift. I mean that it is not the sensations that are the real thing. The real thing is the gift of the Holy Spirit...it will be there when you can't feel it. May even be most operative when you can feel it least."C.S. Lewis

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." –Abraham Lincoln

"We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future."–Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.’" Erma Bombeck

"The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That's guaranteed. I can't begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday's my favorite day again. I think of what everyone did for me, and I feel like a very lucky guy." –Pat Solitano (Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook)

"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time." Neal A Maxwell

"The angel Moroni stand[s] atop the temple as a shining symbol of [our] faith. In a degenerate society, he remained pure and true. He is my hero. He stood alone. He stands today, beckoning us to have courage, to remember who we are, to ‘arise and shine forth,’ to [live] above the worldly clamor and to, as Isaiah prophesied, ‘Come to the mountain of the Lord’—the holy temple.” –Elaine S. Dalton

"I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday." Eleanor Roosevelt

"The most important  thing is to enjoy your lifeto be happyit's all that matters." Audrey Hepburn


Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.― Mother Theresa

Find the things that stir your affections for Christ and saturate your life in them. Find the things that rob you of that affection and walk away from them. That’s the Christian life as easy as I can explain it for you.― Matt Chandle


"We must never, in any age or circumstance, let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. There have always been questions about the future. Every young person or every young couple in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty—starting with Adam and Eve in those first tremulous steps out of the Garden of Eden. But that is all right. This is the plan. It will be okay. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need." –Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me lovely lady. I can honestly say I needed every single one of these quotes. You're incredible :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger