4.05.2014

journal entry from 12/2/13: cue "as time goes by" with the map of the united states slowly lighting up on the screen

"You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss
A sigh's just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by

And when two lovers woo
They still say: "I'll love you."
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by

Moonlight and love songs - never out of date
Hearts full of passion - jealousy and hate
Woman needs man - and man must have his mate
That no one can deny

It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by."

I came back to my city on Saturday afternoon, took a nap, and then grocery shopped. I drove around for a little bit as I listened to the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love this movie. I still remember watching it for the first time when I was five or six in my Beauty and the Beast tent in our basement. While I was visiting home for Thanksgiving, I watched it with my parents while we talked about everything. I would quote the lines word for word every once in a while and my mom asked me how many times I thought I had watched this movie in my life...at least 50 times, if not more. And as sappy as it is, every time I watch it, I'm convinced that this magic is so special, so worth waiting for. 

Does it sound like I'm going to be chastised by Rosie O'Donnell any second?
 "You don't wanna be in love, you wanna be in love in a movie."

When that magic comes into the picture for me, I know it will be the most difficult, but most rewarding thing I'll ever have to work for in my life, for my whole life and beyond. You take the good with the bad, you love the person entirely as they love you entirely. You grab their hand, look into their eyes, and walk toward the elevator, confident in each other and everything, "the million tiny little things that add up together" everything has prepared and molded you into who you are up until this point.  And from this point on, this person will accept you and love you for you and through that love, miracles never cease to happen. Love transforms us into the best people we can be. 

"It was like coming home, only to no home I-I'd ever known. ... It was like magic."


What if someone you never met, never saw, never knew...was the only someone for you?
That question of...
What if?
It just gets me every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger