3.31.2014

march: in like a lion, out like a lamb.

 The first eighteen days of March were a bit crazy. 
I flew home for a surprise visit the first weekend...





Excuse those frightening/ratty pictures of me (after 20 hours of being awake), but they were SO shocked and I was in seventh heaven! 


This cute little wife of a Rabbi did such a wonderful job in Fiddler on the Roof at my high school. Loved seeing my sis living her dreams! It was a much needed weekend at home with my family to recharge before finals.

Coming back and finishing up the quarter was the real test though. Luckily I have cool classmates, even one that played Justin Timberlake songs on her violin to jazz up her group's presentation about current aphasia treatment. It was awesome.


I conquered one of the worst assignments/research papers I have been assigned to do in my life so far and three tests. Not without the help of some study sessions with friends at Zoka and hot chocolate. 


I told you to expect more cherry blossom pictures....


The day before my last final, my dad came into town for business! I took a much needed study break and showed him the infamous UW cherry blossoms on the quad before going to dinner at Ivar's by Lake Union. Of course we took a million pictures and he made sure we had some selfies, although none of them really turned out great (do selfies ever look amazing though?)


After a long day of traveling and business, he was so tired and kept making the funniest comments. 





Love my dad so much!





The oldest building on campus, Denny Hall...the original University of Washington! 

I finished up finals, ran a bunch of errands, and watched some basketball with my dad while he was in town for business, then we both flew home on the morning of the 20th!



▲ ▲ Mt. Rainier ▼ 


As you can see, it was such a gorgeous morning flying home (not on the same plane as my dad, but around the same time!)This sunrise and seeing the clouds with Mt. Rainier from above while doing some scripture study on my phone made it worth waking up at 3:45 a.m. to get to Sea-Tac. Such a special experience.

Aside from the dentist, eye doctor, and unexpected Instacare visit, my time at home was so relaxing and fun every single day. I loved having time with friends, especially my MFEO BFF, Holly, my sorority sisters/our sorority presidency, and Janessa, my dear friend from my undergrad program. I loved watching March Madness with my dad and brother (the best time of the year!). I loved eating and shopping at my favorite places with my mom and sister. I loved just being at home and feeling so much love. There's nothing better than being with my parents and siblings in our home at night and chatting and laughing for hours. That was my very favorite part of being home. 





Alice Lane. Pottery Barn. Restoration Hardware. West Elm. 
Loved perusing these stores!


Spent some time at this beautiful Temple with my mom. This holy place is so dear to my heart (Bountiful is my Temple, but all of them are so beautiful and any Temple is dear to my heart!) and fills me with so much love and perspective...it helps build a closer relationship with my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I am forever grateful and humbled by the opportunity we have to attend the Temple. 

Attending the Sacred Gifts Exhibit at BYU deserves a post of its own. It was incredible to see paintings of the Savior by Carl Bloch, Heinrich Hoffman, and Franz Schwartz. I can't stop thinking about the feelings I felt while I was there. It was another experience deepening my love of the Savior while I was home. I'm grateful we were able to go to this incredible exhibit (probably one of the four things I'd ever desire to go to Provo for, aside from Pizzeria 712...which we had afterward).



Not sure why they leave the "e" off of my middle name, but look at my brand spanking new passport! Can you believe I didn't have one until now? I can't either. Canada is only two hours away, so I figured I had to finally get one. I sincerely hope Canada isn't the most exotic place this passport sees!

If you made it to this point in this huge blog post, I'll start wrapping up. Essentially, March was in like a lion with finals and out like a lamb with the beautiful Spring weather.

Seattle has my heart, almost always. Most always. Especially on Sundays with beautiful Spring weather. After church, I took a little drive before coming home. One of my favorite spots in Seattle is Kerry Park (pictures below)...it was one of the first touristy things I did the first week I moved up here, so I am very fond of it. I took pictures for a while and contemplated the first time I came to that park along with everything that's happened in the six and a half months of living in Seattle. I drove home the scenic route to enjoy all of the springtime in my favorite neighborhoods in Seattle (Ballard, Queen Anne, Fremont, Green Lake) while listening to my CD with the soundtracks from Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Father of the Bride, and Return to Me (duh!). Even though it's always hard to leave the ones I love in Utah, especially family, I know they'll always be there and they're always a phone call or text away! I know I'm where I need to be right now in life and that always makes it easier to come back here. I love my city, I love my program, I love my ward and the friends I've made here in my program, I love my roommates, I love having friends coming to visit next week, and I love this new quarter of school. 

Life is absolutely wonderful. 




1 comment:

  1. your life just sounds so beautiful.
    i'm so glad you're loving grad school.
    and so impressed that you are at uw.
    i love the cherry blossoms.
    you are. a boss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger