2.05.2014

We All Have A Lot to Offer -- Carly

This afternoon, we have a post from my dear friend, Carly. We went to junior high and high school together, but we truly became friends when we served together in our ward's Relief Society presidency (women's organization at my church). We've shared many conversations filled with laughs and tears. We luckily moved to the PNW around the same time, so we've been able to  commiserate together over Skype and visit each other {here} and {here}! She works for an amazing textiles designer and she has blogged for her {here}. I'm so grateful for her friendship and all she has taught me about compassion for others and self-compassion over the past few years. She's doing amazing things in her life and I'm grateful for her example of courage, service, and love!

Love ya, Carly!

...


You learn a lot of things when you live alone, 800 miles away from your family and friends and you live in a 400 square foot studio apartment. You learn things like:

1.     It’s not that bad to have your bed a few feet from the refrigerator, it makes access to late night snacks very convenient.
2.     Vacuuming is a breeze and only takes about two and half minutes out of your day to get done.
3.     You’re kind of stuck hanging out with yourself, so you better just get used to it and better yet, enjoy it.

The third one is the most important and the one I want to focus on. You see, being away from everything I’ve ever known I have kind of been forced to hang out with myself. Getting weird? What I mean by that statement is I really have had to learn to love myself because for the first few months of living on my own, I was all I had. I have learned over the past few months that despite my many weaknesses, that I have a lot to offer. I am learning that having confidence speaks volumes to those around us who we continue to build relationships with and it really only benefits us to have a good relationship with ourselves.

As women, we have so many amazing qualities to offer. We are smart, naturally kind, and we have so much potential within us. When we realize this we become unstoppable, powerhouses really, and anything we want to accomplish can get done. So I say, write a list of all the things you love about yourself, then write a list of things you want to improve on and continue to work on both lists. If we are working on improving qualities within ourselves we will be able to reach out and help others that much easier. It’s a win, win.

Anyways, what I really just want to say is that you should go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back, a high five, or something because you know what, you’re alright. The sooner you realize this, the happier you’ll be. And when we love who we are it’s much easier to love those around us and that’s why we’re all here, right?

Peace.
-Carly

P.S. I’m single, tell all of your eligible, handsome male friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger