2.06.2014

Loving YOUR Life -- Lydia Belle from Chocolate Cake


I'm so glad Lydia sent me an email about posting for this series and I love the words she is sharing with us today. We met in fifth grade, then became better friends throughout high school and even college {remember the fab five?}. I'm grateful for her kindness and friendship over the years. She has the most delightful blog filled with her wit and love of her husband, Dallas. I love reading it and I'm grateful she would post today!

Thank you, Lydia!!

...

i want to talk about loving your life. and i'm not going to get into too many specifics here - it's pretty basic. loving my life is not something i've always been good at - but it's something i'm learning how to do better. admittedly it's because of my husband. you see, dallas is one happy fella. it has a lot to do with the nature of his personality, but he's also just an expert at it. i'm still trying to figure out exactly how he does it, but i have some theories... 

1. have the right goals. when i ask dallas his greatest goals he says, "to be a good husband to my queen, to raise happy, righteous kids, and to live happily and not let the world tell me what to do with my life." growing up, if someone would have asked me what my greatest goals in life were it would have included to graduate from college with a 4.0 gpa, have a prestigious job that pays lots of money, and have a big house, big car, and big clothes closet. the difference between my old goals and dallas' goals are that mine were what people told me they should be, and dallas' are more about what is actually important to him

2. relax and have fun. there are somedays where things happen out of your control and you simply don't have time to relax. but i would venture to say that for a lot of us come home and feel guilty if we give ourselves longer than a minute to relax instead of being constantly productive. i do this all the time, and the more i focus on being productive, productive, productive, i find myself getting more and more anxious, and ultimately less happy. but dallas makes a point every day to come home and find a way to just have fun, even if it's just during five minute breaks between homework. it's not about choosing either or, it's about finding a balance.

neither me nor dallas have a 4.0 gpa, a prestigious job, 
lots of money, a big house, a big car, and a big clothes closet. 
but you know what? 
we're silly happy. 
and we're in love with life.


2 comments:

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger