1.19.2014

portland: the city of roses

Months ago, I decided I'd take this holiday weekend to visit my friend, Carly, 
in PDX, Stumptown, Rip City, The City of Bridges, The City of Roses...

{photo cred: carly}

And I had a perfect Portland weekend with the finest of the city.

First stop: 


The Portland Oregon Temple in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

What a beautiful place, inside and outside! 


I loved spending some time at the Temple on Friday afternoon after my three hour drive.


My neighbors from my home ward in Utah are serving as senior missionaries at the Portland Oregon Temple Visitor's Center, so I was so happy I could go visit them. The McPheeters are such dear family friends of ours and it was so fun to have a tour of the center, then go to dinner with them.


After dinner, I met some of Carly's cute Portland friends and we laughed over frozen yogurt and funny Target purchases. They even had a little "Welcome to Portland" treat for me. 
Thank you so much, Natalie and Missy!!

Carly and I explored downtown Portland on Saturday. 

Powell Books.


The Pearl District.

We both bought cute rings and postcards at Porchlight, a darling little boutique, and 
Carly bought an amazing jacket at Anthro.

Delicious "hoity-toity mac and cheese" at Grassa for lunch.


The line at Voodoo Doughnuts was insanely long, so we decided to just go to the waterfront. It was such a beautiful and sunny day!







It's a designer's dream at Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co.







Then we made our way to 23rd Street for dinner at Pizzicato (notice a theme of our weekend...pretty much all Italian food) and ice cream at Salt and Straw. We waited in line for almost a half hour and it was well worth the wait. Look at all of the crazy flavors! I tried Honey and Lavender, but I wasn't brave enough to try The Elvis (based off of Elvis' favorite sandwich...PB&J + bananas + bacon!). Oprah's favorite flavor is the Arbequina Olive Oil. I had Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache and Woodblock Chocolate...amazing! No pictures of our ice cream...it was almost all gone by the time we remembered to take pictures. Oh, and my friend from Seattle, David, came and joined us for the night, too!







Council Crest Park at Night



Today, I attended church with Carly and then drove back home...no traffic and just in time for the game to start and to hear the CenturyLink Field booming from the freeway...so excited the Seahawks are going to the Superbowl!

Mainly, it was a wonderful weekend of driving around and talking and laughing about dumb things with one of my dear friends. All while listening to the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack and Vampire Weekend. The Pacific Northwest has so many fun things to offer and it's so fun to be able to have long weekends for these adventures!

Thanks again, Carly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger