1.31.2014

Finally Friday, Finally {Pretty Much} February {!!!!!!!}

After church on Sunday, my roommates and I went to Carkeek Beach (about 20 minutes away from my house) and it was beautiful. I kept saying while I was driving us there,
 "I love seeing so much green in January."






I'm thinking I'll need to finally jump on the bandwagon 
and read The Fault in Our Stars before the movie comes out. 
Tearjerker!


Everyone is so excited about the Superbowl in our city. It's a really fun dynamic!
#12 is EVERYWHERE!
 Even our clinic represents the 12th man!

I have been very blessed to be doing well in my classes this quarter. I think it has to do with the fact that I absolutely LOVE everything I'm learning. Isn't that a wonderful thing? To find the thing you love and be able to learn about it and do it. I've gotten 100% on my last two assessments in Assessment and Treatment of Neurogenic Language Disorders. Clearly, I adore that class and the material.

"If you advance confidently in the direction of your dreams, and endeavor to live the life you have imagined, you will be met with a success unexpected in common hours." - Henry David Thoreau

Every Wednesday night, I play on an intramural volleyball team at the IMA (huge athletic center at UW) with some of the girls in my program. To say we're good would be a complete lie. To say we have fun is a huge understatement. I really look forward to playing each week. Sometimes I have to really tone down my competitive streak when I realize we have two girls on our team who had never touched a volleyball in their lives until four weeks ago. But truly, it's so fun to see these girls outside of school and be able to have something to be excited about each week {other than classes and clinic, of course}. 

I have been thinking a lot about where I was at last year and how I can strive to be a better person. A year ago tomorrow, I posted this picture of my work desk calendar with the caption, 
"Finally Friday, Finally February (!!!!!!!)"


Later that evening, we went to Red Iguana and I took Thomas to see Warm Bodies. That day has so many good memories in it, so I'm thinking I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow night (minus Red Iguana...any good Mexican food recommendations for the Seattle area? I have yet to find anything but Chipotle) while working on homework and of course, minus the people I love most. But I am truly blessed to have good memories, to have Skype, and to be working towards a career I love. Really, I'm working towards a lot of things right now and I'm trusting in the process, grateful for the process.



Stay tuned for Fourteen Days of Love starting tomorrow!! 
Kaylee is starting us off and I'm really excited about all of the guests who will be gracing this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger