12.03.2013

don't you worry 'bout a thing.

Here's the thing, 

This is one of three pictures I have from the 60 hours I was home for Thanksgiving Break: 


A blurry picture my mom took as we were walking out of the airport. 
Could not let go of these two!
Also, give me a little credit...I am 5'7" and my younger siblings are obviously GIANTS.

Here's essentially the same summary I gave one of my friends today: 
Like I mentioned in my Thanksgiving post, my family met me at the bottom of the escalator at the airport with signs on Wednesday night. We hugged and cried. It was probably one of my top ten best moments of this year for me and that's really saying something.  And yes, I will be home for Christmas in less than two weeks. Thanksgiving dinner with my family was awesome. Catching Fire was awesome (Can you say Peetalicious?). Fry sauce with fries and frozen hot chocolate was awesome. Cafe Rio was awesome. Target (without escalators for my cart to fall off) was awesome. But ya know what? I gained a lot of good perspective from going home. The one thing I truly miss about Utah is simply spending time with my family and friends. I am really happy to be in Seattle. I came back on Saturday afternoon and I was at the store later that night, then drove around for a while while listening to the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack (of course). It is such a pretty place. I thought about the awesome growing experiences I have had here, and time and time again, I am reminded that it's where I'm supposed to be right now in my life. No pining for things of the past, only moving forward with faith and being grateful for all the blessings I have. 

On Sunday, I attended church and it was so good to hear so many testimonies and lessons about the true reason for this season--our Savior, Jesus Christ. My roommates and I went to St. Mark's Cathedral on Sunday night to hear the monks sing and it was a really neat experience. Seattle is decked out in pretty lights for the holiday season. 


On Monday, we had our second to last session with our sweet little boy. I can't even believe it! Tomorrow is the last session and it will be so sad to be finished with this clinic rotation. Lucky me, I'll still have the chance to go observe him next quarter and "trick" him when I come out of the observation room. I can't believe how much I've learned from him and in my classes during this first quarter of grad school. 


Today, I killed it on my neuro quiz...now I've just got to retain all of that information and the rest of the quarter's information for our cumulative final next week...oof!

And on that note, I will be in finals mode until next Tuesday at 12:30 pacific standard time. 

Woo hoo!!

Just gotta keep mixing this song into my Christmas playlist and stay calm, right?

Life is truly so good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to come home for the holiday! Also, I totally went and saw Catching Fire twice... in one day. Ha! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so totally got this! Also love your perspectives on life! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger