9.29.2013

I'll say what you want me to say.

"Perhaps today there are loving words which Jesus would have me speak; There may be now in the paths of sin some wand'rer whom I should seek. O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide, tho dark and rugged the way, My voice shall echo the message sweet:

I'll say what you want me to say.
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea; I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be."


Last night was a wonderful preview to General Conference. We had the General Relief Society Broadcast and it was all about covenant keeping and utilizing prayer in our lives. It really soothed my soul and helped me feel much better after some things that had happened earlier in the day and during the week. The congregational hymn was "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go"; a hymn that's become very dear to my heart in the past three months. Last night, it took on a new meaning as I cried through the second verse and chorus. All I could think about is my very first session as a clinician tomorrow morning as well as the opportunities I'll have the rest of my life to work in this field. There are loving words I can speak to clients to help them feel better about themselves and most importantly, communicate better. There are plenty of opportunities to seek others and bring others into the fold. There are things the Lord wants me to learn, say, and become...and so, I've needed to go where He wanted me to go. I've said it many times on here, but General Conference (in April and October) are my very favorite times of the year. Even though it's always meaningful and uplifting, I know this time will be even more meaningful and uplifting for me. I can't wait to hear the inspired words of Prophets and Apostles, words from our loving Heavenly Father about what He wants us to do to draw nearer to Him and become more like Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger