6.26.2013

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven." -- George Bernard Shaw

So, in April, my dear friend, Jessi, and her husband, Michael, went on a humanitarian trip to Haiti {read more here}. Jessi is trying to get into the photography business {see her photog-blog here}. We wanted to help her out with raising money, building her portfolio, and mainly, we wanted to surprise my parents for their anniversary my mom for Mother's Day. {Dad asked us if we could get updated pictures for Mother's Day, since I'll be moving in a few months, and he asked us two days before we were going to have this shoot with Jessi...so we just changed the occasion}. It was perfect April weather for Utah and the trees were in bloom all over Temple Square, so it made for a great night for pictures.
Take a look at them. We love them. 





We think our mom really liked the pictures, because this photo garland is still hanging up on our fireplace from Mother's Day.



I am so grateful for wonderful friends who share their time, effort, and talents. I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful family. Despite all of the chaos of life, I feel our home is both a haven and a heaven on earth.

1 comment:

  1. what a cute mother's day idea! i love that garland and may have to copy you someday! which means i'm definitely about to pin that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger