2.13.2013

"Without such love, one's dreams would have no meaning." [Quote by Paulo Coelho] -- Hope



This afternoon, we have my beautiful little sister, Hope, posting for us! It is kind of a last minute thing and she doesn't have a blog, but she is an amazing writer and I think you'll like what she has to say. If you didn't know this already, we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She talks about it a little bit in her post and some others have mentioned this in their posts, but we believe that families can be together forever through marriage (sealing) in the Temple. If you'd like to know more, go [here]. I'm grateful she is my forever sister and I'm tearing up right now, just thinking about how much happiness and joy she has brought to me and our family. 

{Read about her and my little brother in one of my favorite posts I wrote forever ago!}
Thanks for writing, my dear sister. So grateful for you and your example to me. I look up to you (literally & figuratively) and I love you to the moon and back! 
...

  Isn’t Catherine amazing? She truly is the best older sister that I could ever be blessed with, and I don’t know where I’d be without her example in my life. She’s always there to cheer me up, laugh with me (we’re pretty much the craziest people ever with our accents and movie quotes and what not), give me advice, and help me be a better person. I hope that I can be more like her someday. Catherine is my best friend, and I can’t imagine living without her.

    It has been absolutely amazing to read all of the “Fourteen Days of Love” posts and get to know so many people through these posts. While sitting next to Catherine in church this week, I leaned over to her and whispered how much I had loved all of them. I was thrilled when she asked me if I wanted an opportunity to write something! Of course I would. Upon agreeing to do this, I had no clue what I would write about. To most of you reading this blog, I am a “ youngin' ”, having just turned sixteen this past December. Although I’ve always felt older for my age, there is still so much I have to learn about life, love being one of those things. The things that I know come from the examples of those around me, and I can only hope someday for a love that will complete me in every way.  


I had an amazing seminary teacher, Brother Hammond, who showed me an example of love. In Matthew 16, Christ calls Peter to be the prophet of His church, promising him the keys to eternally bind things on Earth. These are the same sealing powers found within the temple of the Lord. In the process of explaining these verses to us, Brother Hammond suddenly became silent. His students looked up expectantly, and he tried to hold back tears as he expressed the love he has for his wife. He talked about how grateful he is that his sweetheart is eternally bound to him and how he loves her more than life itself. He could not imagine being without her. I sat there, along with the rest of the class, aware of how strong the Spirit was in that moment. One thought kept running through my mind: I want my husband to love me that much. 

A favorite quote of mine comes from The Alchemist, a book by Paulo Coelho. I completely fell in love with it the moment I read it:

“…But maybe people who felt that way had never learned the universal language. Because, when you know that language, it’s easy to understand that someone in the world awaits you, whether it’s in the middle of the desert or in some great city. And when two such people encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant. There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in the world. Without such love, one’s dreams would have no meaning.”  

SO good, isn’t it? I know I’m young, but I’ve given a lot of thought about the kind of man I want to marry. I know he is out there somewhere, and I already love and pray for him daily. I could know him now or he could live clear across the country. Whatever the case, I know that he will be my best friend, and we will take care of each other for all eternity.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this. Love Hope. Love you. Thank you for posting Hope! You indeed an old soul, much older than your physical age. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Hope, reading this post of yours gave me chills. Thank you for sharnig your thoughts on Catherine's blog; I could definitely feel the Spirit as I read your words and I feel so blessed to know you through Catherine. You do seem wise beyond your years but I think that's a perfect thing to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that quote is amazing!!! This post is so beautiful Hope. You are a wonderful writer:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger