2.13.2013

Sass Attack--Nicole from The Carpenter Chronicle


 This afternoon, we have a post by Nicole. I started reading her blog a while back and I love her honesty about marriage. Sometimes, don't you feel like it can be made out to be this sunshine-lollipops-and-rainbows thing ALL the time? Don't get me wrong, I think it is AMAZING and the most wonderful thing you can do in life--sharing your life and a name with a man worthy of you and creating forever together. But I like Nicole's humor about things and she and her husband are beautiful people. I love her designs and her blog, so enjoy her post and go check out her blog afterward!
 ...
 
Hi readers! I am Nicole from The Carpenter Chronicle!



This is me and this is my smokin' hott husband Fletcher.

Sometimes I blog about things like that one time I did a sweet James Bond roll at ASU, the one time a boy hit on me while I was on my honeymoon, or that one time my teacher told me my babies would be ugly. However, today I thought it would be appropriate to share with you the one time I sass attacked my husband.

The Sass Attack is defined as, "A snappy moment of sass, usually directed towards someone who doesn't deserve any blame whatsoever"

 Used in Context: After 5 months of being married I decided to start eating healthier. Fletcher agreed to support me. As you may know, Fletcher is tall, dark, and handsome. Along with that he is not so stocky, to say the least.


About a month of eating healthy I became super frustrated. I was not losing weight. Whether it was birth control, or Fletcher eating such large portions (so naturally) I thought I was eating normal portions, what usually worked wasn't. 

One morning Fletcher was getting dressed and he puts on his pants and nonchalant says, "Welp down a belt size." I just stand there with the most disgusted look on my face (AKA the sass attack). How could Fletcher be losing weight when he wasn't even trying? Had Fletcher known my inner struggle I am sure he would not have been so insensitive during such a crucial moment in history.

 By the look on my face he could tell something was wrong. He responses with the classic "ET-OH" face. I then begin to laugh. He comes over to hug me and I tell him through sniffles my frustration of feeling 'chubby'. As always, he makes it better.

 Other Notes on the Sass Attack: Usually after the Sass Attack is received by the Sass Attackee the Sass Attacker feels extremely guilty and breaks down. In short, husbands are always the best.


Everyday at our house is a new adventure but how could it not be when your husband has got a name like Fletch?

1 comment:

  1. love this! i am the sass attacker way more than i should be. husbands really are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger