2.09.2013

Movie Magic--Elora from A Storybook



This morning, we have a cute post from Elora! I started reading her blog about six months ago and I can honestly say she's one of the classiest people in every way possible. I'm so very glad she would take the time to write this for us and I love what she has to say about love in the movies. Make sure you go visit her blog {here} and enjoy her post! Thank you, Elora!
...

Hello there lovelies!
I’m Elora from A Storybook
where I write about nothing and everything all at the same time.

(Yes, it’s possible. And to be honest, I mostly write about my un-domestic adventures.)

Anyway, sweet Catherine has asked many of us bloggers to write about, 
as you know by now, L-O-V-E looooooove.

At first I didn’t know what to write. Then I thought back to before I was married, and what I thought love was. And most of my ideas of love came from movies.

I know that sounds cheesy, and there were and aremany real life examples of love in my life, but “movie-love” always had a strong impression on me.

So without further ado here are some movies that taught me a thing or two about love. Some are silly, some are serious- but hey, you guys aren’t going to judge right?

1.     Pride and Prejudice
I read this book when I was a sophomore in High School. Back then I was a little skeptical of love, I was only 16 and “loving” someone seemed unreal. After I read the book, the movie with Kiera Knightly came out. I remember going to see it with my mom, and the scene where Darcy and Elizabeth bump into each other in the early morning mist had an effect on me. Darcy loved this girl so much he couldn’t sleep. He gave up time, money, pride, potential social standings, everything to see that she would be happy. This really got to me, in my teenage mind. I thought, “Woah, Mr. Darcy reallllly loves her and I need to find that.”

2. Funny Face
When I was a sophomore in college my little-young heart went through a break up that, to me, shook my world to its core. Ohhh the humanity!
Anyway, one day when I was being comically depressed over the guy, my friend had me watch Funny Face. I loved Audrey Hepburn so why not.
Now this movie isn’t sad, but I bawled during the “S’wonderful” scene.
When Audrey’s character and Fred’s character realized they were both in love with each other. They...were...so HAPPY. They danced like nothing in the world could touch them- and I thought, “That’s what falling in love should feel like.”

Side note: This seems kind of silly but the “Basil Metabolism” scene taught me something too. Audrey danced a little, odd, but you know... Fred loved her even though she was a little weird. And I needed to find someone like that.

3.     The Notebook
Do not mock me. You knew this one was coming. The scene where Allie comes back to Noah at the very end... she loved him more than any material thing in the world... Well that scene really stuck with me. That’s all I am going to say on that one...

4.     Tangled
This movie is a little more recent, and I am fully aware that it is silly. At the very end Rapunzel chooses a life of sadness to save her true love. I know it’s just a cartoon, but seriously people, she gave up EVERYTHING to make sure Flynn could live and go on with life. That’s love.

5.     West Side Story
You guys, I CANNOT watch this movie without bawling my eyes out. Tony and Maria were SO in love. They fought the world for their love. But in the end the world won. However, I always remember how excited Tony was just to say “Maria.” I wanted a love like that.

Thanks for reading my post. I know some of my thoughts were a bit silly, but what are you gonna do?
Happy Valentines Day!

To sign off here is a picture of all my ideas of love coming to life.
My wedding day. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! ... i have been thinking about this for a long time and it has finally connected but your husband was my TA for history of creativity! haha super random.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger