2.04.2013

Love is Magical--Julia from JayMay: Life Lessons



This morning, we have an adorable post from my dear friend, Julia. We met in our sorority three years ago and I'm grateful every day for those friendships I made. From the day we started laughing during Thunder Jalili's Nutrition 1020, I knew we'd be always be good friends, even if we don't see each other as much as we should! She is someone I can always count on and I'm grateful for the things she has taught me. Here's her post last year, her blog, and her Disney blog {she works at Disneyland! Hello, dream job!}. Hope you enjoy Julia's post as much as I do!
...

Love is Magical

I have known Catherine for a while now and I can honestly say she is one of my very best and dear friends. Even though we don't talk as often as I would like, or see each other on a regular basis, I always know that she'll be there whenever I need her. We're the type of friends that always find right where we left off whenever we see each other. No amount of time has ever come between us. I love you Catherine!! Thanks for asking me to guest post again! :)

Last year my post on love was a bit of a downer on fairy tales. And let's face it, a girl who works at Disneyland has to believe in fairy tales, right? Well she does. In fact, her entire outlook on fairy tales has changed.

Working at the Happiest Place on Earth calls for hours upon hours of magic. As a photographer at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, I get to see and capture magic on a daily basis: a child meeting their favorite character for the very first time, a proposal in front of the Castle, family reunions, people celebrating birthdays and anniversaries or are visiting for their honeymoon. Everyone that comes to this happy place are filled with love and magic. And that's just the thing... love is magical.

Yes, Disney movies did give us somewhat unrealistic expectations about love. But they also taught us very valuable lessons about love as well...


Just because love is magical doesn't mean it will be easy. Love can be really tough. It can test you and try you and sometimes break you. But in the end love will always make you stronger. Love shapes us into better people because when we love, we put someone else above ourselves. Their happiness becomes our happiness, their pain becomes your pain, their dreams become your dreams. 

I met my Prince Charming over a year ago and the magic we share is amazing. He is my best friend and the love of my life and I couldn't imagine going a day without him. Our story hasn't been a perfect one, but I wouldn't take it any other way because every struggle we've ever faced we faced together. And sticking together when times get tough is what builds a strong and lasting love.


I grew up believing in fairy tales. I knew they were real by the way my Grandpa Jack looked into my Grandma Nell's eyes. I saw it in the way my dad treated my mom. I saw love in the most ordinary and common places and I realized that love is the ingredient that makes all things magical.

With love and a little pixie dust,
Julia Pearce

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I love this series! :) Can't wait for more! totally putting me in that valentine mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest idea for posts Catherine!! I LOVE it! Hope you are doing great!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog:)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this post has got to be the best thing ever! Disney movies and Disneyland is the absolute best!! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger