2.08.2013

I'm just happy it was him. -- Autumn from Stay gold, Autumn.


This morning, we have Autumn. I started reading her blog a couple of years ago and I'm glad I've been able to read her thoughts and get to know her better. This is a sweet post from her and I'm happy she would take the time to write for us. Something I have been loving about reading all of these posts is that love usually comes unexpectedly, but it is exactly what we need, when we need it. Make sure you go visit {her blog} and enjoy this post! 

...


My name is Autumn and I believe in love and writing down the details.  Because of that, I will share how I met my love.




I met Devin on a blind date.  A date that I had been told to go on two years previously and I had jokingly written in my journal. By the time we met, I was talking to my Bishop about mission papers and I was more excited about doing my own thing than the work it would take to combine my life with someone else's forever.


It was not love at first sight.  



He thought my cardigan that had a subtle leopard print was loud and I thought he was boring.  We talked about the weather, books (the only thing we could find in common- even though we hadn't read anything similar), how I hated running and he loved it, and how he loved math which helped him become an accountant and how I hated it which shaped me into a special education teacher. 



At the end of the night, when he dropped me off, I said I didn't feel like I got to know him at all and we should give it one more shot because blind dates are weird.



When he called about the date, I admittedly wasn't interested.  I asked if we could go on it in two weeks instead of the coming weekend.  I had important things to do...like homework and doing over a month's worth of laundry.  I spent my evening and seeing people coming home from their dates out my window while folding that massive pile of clean laundry.



The joke was on me because I had apparently re-scheduled our date for Valentine's weekend.  I was absolutely horrified when I figured that out, but even through my denial, I was beginning to realize it was my last second date ever.



I told Devin once about a month into dating while we were taking pictures out on a date "if we get married someday, I will love these memories of us together.  However, if we end up breaking up...uhh, these are getting destroyed."  We started laughing, but it was true.  I'm grateful I recorded every dating experience like it might be my last, but in the end, I'm just happy it was him.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing these posts. What a great way to lead up to Valentines day! I love stories of couples who got married, but had horrible first dates.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger