2.01.2013

Grow Old With You--Kelsey from The Facey Book



Where do I even begin with Kelsey? You can't really, because we go all the way back to sunbeam days and there's just too much to tell. You've most likely seen her in our music videos...no shame there. I am so grateful for her friendship, our wacky moments & memories, and especially that she found such a wonderful guy--Austin!! Here's her {blog link} to visit and read more of their story. Love ya, Kels!!
....


My name is Kelsey Facer. Catherine has been one of my best friends since we were eating cut up spaghetti as youngins.  I always loved reading her February love specials on her blog and I’m excited to be one of them this time.  I’m a newlywed, wanna-be-artist, and Dr. Pepper addict.  I got married 8 months ago tomorrow and married a gorgeous lifeguard I met at Cherry Hill. He is so good to me and he has taught me a lot about what love really is.  Being a complete chick flick addict, growing up watching those movies made me think that love was this glamorous extravagant thing that, when I found it, would be a perfect kind of chick flick love.  Little did I know, it’s not always like that.  Love is a lot more simple than I expected it to be, and it’s the little things about love that make all the difference.  It’s about cleaning the sink every day because your husband doesn’t like makeup everywhere.  It’s about your husband ordering everything for you without tomatoes because he knows you hate them.  It’s about letting him watch football.  It’s the little things that matter and I’ve realized that it’s those things that you remember the most.  This song is my favorite “love song” if you could consider it that.  It’s “Grow Old With You” by Adam Sandler.  This is exactly my definition of love.  Happy love month!

I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I’ll get you medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace brakes
Oh, it would be so nice, growing old with you

I’ll miss you
Kiss you
Give me my coat when you are cold

Feed you
Need you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you’ve had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger