2.16.2013

chipotle pomegranate salmon

Do you want a gourmet dinner that can be ready in 15 minutes time? Seriously though. This was one of the best dinners I have made/had in a while. My sister and I wanted to cook something special for our mom's birthday and we decided to make this meal, but we had no idea how easy it would be. Don't be intimidated by the ingredients. We had most of them at home already!

I found this recipe on The Bite Sized Baker {link to recipe here} and I made my own modifications. 

Bake the salmon on the grill, wrapped in tin foil, for 10-15 minutes. Prepare it with sea salt, pepper, lemon slices and the juice of a lemon drizzled on top. 



While the salmon is under way, combine these ingredients in a small saucepan: 
[Note: We doubled this to make the sauce and it would easily cover 8 salmon filets, with extras you could save in the fridge]

2 Garlic Cloves, smashed, peeled and minced [we used 2 tsp. of the minced garlic in a jar; if you use regular garlic, make sure you saute it with some olive oil for 2-3 minutes before adding in the rest of the ingredients]
3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons reserved Adobo sauce (from Chipotle Peppers) [can add or reduce this amount, according to how spicy you like it]
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 tablespoons Unsulphured Molasses
1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar [add a little extra of this and the molasses to make it sweeter if you'd like]
½ teaspoon Dried Mustard
1 cup {8 oz.} POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice [add a little extra of this to make it sweeter if you'd like]

Make sure it is well mixed, then let it simmer on low, uncovered, for ten minutes. 

For sides, we had parmesean asparagus [place asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle it with olive oil, pepper, sea salt or kosher salt, and some shredded parmesean cheese. bake at 400 for 8 minutes.] along with some brown rice pilaf from a box.

Once the salmon is done, your sauce and the sides will be done as well. When we served it, we included the lemon slices it was grilled with on the top of each filet and drizzled the sauce on the top. Ours was a little runny, but it was still very good. We used pomegranate seeds to garnish [how to deseed a pomegranate].


My mom does not like things super spicy, so we made it sweeter [as I noted above]. You could easily add more adobo sauce if you'd like to liven things up a bit [what my sister and I would do if it was just for us]. It was so easy to make this and my family has been raving about it. I absolutely LOVE to cook and bake new recipes when I have the time, but I am also all about easy and quick (under 30 mins from start to finish) gourmet meals and this definitely fits under that category. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting recipe. The finished result looks both effective and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger