12.28.2012

random things of the past two weeks:

This video has repeatedly made me laugh until I cry and it's now a favorite one to quote. 
Thanks for sharing, Emma.

Last night, my parents and I somehow got into a long discussion about how I feel it is not appropriate to wear pajamas, sweats, and sweatsuits in public places like the mall, the theater, the store, a restaurant, etc. Under very limited conditions, it is okay with me, but really, people...it's not hard to pull on some real clothes. I hope this does not offend any of you and if it does, I apologize and I will not rant about it on my blog again.

This Twitter account. It makes me wish that Seinfeld was still going. 

I took H&T to see The Hobbit the day after Christmas, which was good. BUT I was frustrated the entire time due to the fact that I felt like they are really stretching for material to make this into a three-part movie that should be a two-part movie at most. My whole family saw Les Miserables yesterday and I sobbed next to a random grandma the whole time. It was fine. I thought the cast was incredible. Truly wonderful and such an AMAZING experience that adds so much to the many renditions of Les Miserables. Even my almost 14 year old brother said he almost cried and thought it was awesome. I shared all of my thoughts with Holly about the movie and cast, which I will spare you, but can I say that it is hard to beat Alfie Boe at singing this song?

 

"Because deep down we know that what matters in life is more than winning for ourselves. What matters is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course. Life teaches us that we can achieve happiness when we seek the happiness and well-being of others." -- Elaine S. Dalton
"The thoughts you choose to think and believe right now are creating your future. These thoughts form your experiences tomorrow, next week, and next year." --Louise L. Hay
"It is not enough to ask with a sincere heart, having faith in Christ. We must also ask with real intent. Real intent requires a commitment to act upon the truth when The Lord reveals it. Without real intent, what we are asking The Lord is merely an academic question, meaning that whatever the answer is, it won't affect our behavior. The Lord does not promise to answer an academic question." --Dallin H. Oaks, Life's Lessons Learned

Also, sorry if you are my Facebook friend and already saw this, but it's just too good. So...I always have weird dreams, but last night's dream is definitely Top 10 material. I was in the MTC (Missionary Training Center), but I had a cell phone I could use for texting my sister and my district was comprised of One Direction and the boys in Holes. Will Smith was our teacher, but he told us to call him Elder Rob. For one of our lessons, he had Carlton from Fresh Prince teach us how to dance so we could really "relate to investigators." Then Will told me that Hugh Jackman's son, Jean deJean Jackman, had proposed to me and I needed to leave the MTC immediately. Um, WHAT???

More on Christmas and my favorite posts of 2012 to come.

2 comments:

  1. ew! you're welcome :) i am obsessed with les mis. i loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seinfeld today! sometimes overly inappropraite, but sometimes extremely hilarious. favorites:
    Elaine joins CrossFit to get close to a hot trainer, blows out her shoulder. Uncle Leo gets LifeAlert, keeps hitting it "just to test it."
    George thinks his GF is faking a gluten-intolerance, feeds her real cookies, sending her to the ER. Autocorrect ruins Jerry's relationship.
    Elaine pretends to live in Brooklyn to date a cute, younger guy. Kramer becomes addicted to 5 Hour Energy. George's parents get Skype.
    George goes crazy trying to decipher the fact that a pretty woman "liked" his Facebook status. Elaine is kicked out of a movie for texting

    agreed on the hobbit. i liked it (merely because i'm a fan and the hobbit is one of my favorite books) but i cannot handle the fact that there are going to be three movies!

    les mis. there are people who cry during that movie and then there are people who sob. i'm with you on the sob list (borderline ugly cry). i managed to get a hold of myself long enough to walk the car, but when we shut the doors the sobs returned. i could not stop crying over the death of the little boy. aside from a couple scenes (santa...) the movie was perfect. i was worried at first, but i was so so pleased. and guess what, i didn't hate anne hathaway! i thought i would, but she was so so good! as amazing as the plays are, it was so wonderful to see the context behind the music - it added such an element to the story for me. i got the massive book for christmas and i cannot ready to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger