12.15.2012

...if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller


lessons learned this semester:
-you can get an A in speech science.
-second chances are a beautiful thing.
-#purchasesyoucanmakebeforeorafteratest
-being busy is better than being idle (always, always, always).
-i was still blessed to be able to work part-time, volunteer, and do school.
-graduate school meetings and applying to grad school brings a lot of tears.
-my heartstrings have been pulled to their absolute max in the past few months, but i somehow always find a little bit of solace in scriptures, prayers, the Temple, or through my family and friends.
-sometimes, you can't do it all and you need to ask for help/a day off to study.
-you need to accept that anyone can make a mistake and try to move on. 
(thank you, weeks of nightmares after a research mishap.)
-speaking of nightmares, i have really really awful anxiety dreams during test weeks. 
-praying on the way to school in the mornings and praying on the way home from work/school has brought a lot of comfort and peace into my life this semester.
-the Lord and His divine help is what ALWAYS helps me through these semesters of college.

i can't believe i just have one more undergrad semester left!!
only 9 credits to go (considering taking three more just because) 
and then i'll be donning the cap & gown on may 3, 2013 at 9 AM.
i'm glad we have a break now and i almost cried for joy (who am i kidding? i did cry) when i realized i didn't have any homework or tests to study for this upcoming week, 
but i seriously can't wait for january 8th, 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Catherine.. I'm writing you this comment on this post because it looks like you disabled comments on your last one. I want you to know that this talk means so much to me. Every time I have a bad day I listen to it and just cry. Last night was one of those nights and it comforted me so much.. I actually wrote down a quote from it, and put it on the background of my computer so I could reread it every day "The Lord’s delays often seem long; some last a lifetime. But they are always calculated to bless. They need never be times of loneliness or sorrow or impatience. Although His time is not always our time, we can be sure that the Lord keeps His promises." Tonight I told Jordan that every time I am sad and he isnt around, this is the talk I turn to for comfort. Catherine, we could seriously be such good friends in real life! I'm sorry for whatever pain your feeling, but know that you are NOT alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i use to do these sort of posts! totally spaced it this time around, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger