12.23.2012

believe in miracles



We were standing in the kitchen last night getting ready to go out to do some more last minute shopping. Our house suddenly got quiet as we turned up the volume on the TV. It was the end of this movie and we all started tearing up. 

"I love this movie so much. It reminds me of when I was little and I thought that Richard Attenborough really was Santa Claus." I said to my parents.

My dad tearfully said back to me, "I love it too. Do you remember that my work gave it to us on video?"

"Yes."

"Well they gave it to us with a card that said, 'Believe in...'", my dad trailed off and couldn't finish it, full of emotion.

My mom quietly said, 
I can't even write that conversation without crying. It has affected me so greatly.

I am hoping and dreaming for so many things that seem so entirely impossible to me right now. It would take a big fat miracle for even just one of them to occur. 

I found out that I got a [four point oh] this last semester and that was one desired and needed miracle. One that I had nothing to do with and everything to do with a loving Heavenly Father.

Watching this movie reminded me that no wish or dream is too outlandish. I posted about it before, but the world is held together by things you can't see. Though I'm still skeptical that these dreams of mine will happen, I will still believe as I always have that miracles can occur through the one who performed many miracles during His ministry on this Earth--our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I'm grateful for this season to remember Him and His influence in my life always. I know He's there and His mission is to bless. 

Believe in miracles.

4 comments:

  1. thanks. just reading this made me tear up.
    love it so much.
    hope you have an amazing christmas.
    and so happy for your GREAT BIG school miracle! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. confession: i've never seen the entire movie. second confession: i saw home alone for the first time a couple years ago. obviously i'm way behind when it comes to christmas movies. you got your grades?!?!?! i have been checking constantly, but to no avail. it keeps saying that i need to do those stupid evaluations, but it i did those clear back in october. i don't know what is going on but i am dying to see my grades already. and a 4.0?! that is amazing! a 4.0 in high school is great, but in college... holy cow girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this totally gave me goosebumps and watery eyes. it's amazing how conversations like that can have such a profound impact on us, no? my favorite part in miracle on 34th street is when santa knows the different languages of the kids. in the original, he started signing with a deaf child and that totally tugged at my heartstrings because of the kids i work with. but miracles are completely possible and it's so nice to be reminded of that. happy christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger