11.11.2012

notes from two incredible church meetings.

-Hymn #169 "As now we praise thy name with song, the blessings of this day will linger in our thankful hearts, and silently we pray for courage to accept thy will, to listen and obey. We love thee Lord; our hearts are full. We'll walk thy chosen way." 
-We must keep our hearts drawn out in prayer continually.
-Nothing can transform a life more than serving the Lord.
-"The number one person who was converted on my mission was me."
-3 Nephi 5:13-- "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."
-All things are done through Christ.
-Moroni 7:33-- "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me."
-Miracles happen all around us.
-Choose faith over fact, choose faith over fear.
-Alma 12:10--"And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full."
-Act on revelations you have received if you want to receive more light.
-Discipleship is never without faith. It is a continual, life-long process.
-Perfection is not for today; progress is for today. Perfection will come. 
-Remember who you are; ask and remind yourself why you are here--you are serving God, you love the people around you, and you are striving to be a disciple of Christ.
-Do not put a mask on and hide your true identity.
-"Brothers and sisters, what is it that ye hope for?"
-Cast ALL of your cares upon the Lord. 
-Missionary work, conversion, and enduring in faith are not easy; they must be done diligently, unceasingly.
-Will the Lord recognize me for who I am--a disciple of Christ?
-Do I return to the Lord and give Him thanks when He heals me?
-Live in thanksgiving daily.
-Prayer becomes more meaningful as we counsel with the Lord in all of our doings, as we express heartfelt gratitude, and as we pray for others. 
-Try saying prayers and only expressing your gratitude and thanks.
-Doctrine and Covenants 59 : 21, 23
-In spite of my weaknesses and shortcomings, I've been given the opportunity to live with Him again. I hope to do all that I can to keep and rejoice in my covenants. Covenants endow us with the power to go through life and make it to the eternities. 
-Hymn #131 "More holiness give me, More strivings within, More patience in suff'ring, More sorrow for sin, More faith in my Savior, More sense of His care, More joy in His service, More purpose in prayer. More gratitude give me, More trust in the Lord, More pride in His glory, More hope in His Word, More tears for His sorrows, More pain at His grief, More meekness in trial, More praise for relief. More purity give me, More strength to o'ercome, More freedom from earth-stains, More longing for home, More fit for the kingdom, More used would I be, More blessed and holy, More, Savior, like Thee.


{inspired by kylee's "sunday thoughts"}

2 comments:

  1. :) glad I could be a part of your Sunday thoughts. I'm so grateful for you lady! You don't even know. Can't wait for letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love when hymns make it into sunday thought lists. it doesn't happen often for me, not because i don't love the hymns, but because i only document it when it really really speaks to me (which sort of makes the whole documentation of hymns that much more special). "The number one person who was converted on my mission was me." which is why i need to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger