11.12.2012

let those few be well tried



Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
– George WashingtonJust been thinking about this a lot lately. I think as a whole, I'm very open about things. But with matters of the heart and my innermost self, I have a really hard time opening up to people until I have seen that I can trust them and I know I can open up to them without fear of judgment or betrayal. If someone has hurt me, I don't continue to share things with them. It's not with a problem with being nice and forgiving them, but I won't share my life as much as I usually would for a very long time. I really learned my lesson two summers ago, being too open with someone, so my guard stays up for a very long time now and I have difficulty being completely comfortable talking with someone until I've known them for a long time. How do you let that guard break down? How do you let someone in?

1 comment:

  1. Oh this post really hit home to me. I relate to every word. I totally agree. It is hard to be trusting of people when others have hurt us so deeply.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger