10.04.2012

speaking of... {pt. 3}



Speaking of speaking, General Conference is this weekend and I honestly can't wait to hear all of the messages. It is one of my favorite times of year!! It is such a blessing to have the Gospel in my life and it brings me the most ultimate happiness.

Speaking of blessings, I received a small raise at work on Tuesday and I kind of couldn't stop crying when my boss told me. I explained to her that everything was okay, but that it meant so much to me. I just felt this overwhelming gratitude and it was a little confirmation that Heavenly Father is happy with everything I'm doing right now. I know He is guiding me and I'm eternally grateful for His goodness and love.

Speaking of work, I love this time of year when it starts to get a little colder and being able to wear things like my chevron tights and my thicker sweaters.

Speaking of this time of year, the apples from my grandma's little tree are heavenly. I love coming home from her house with a box full of apples. It is little, but it's always had so many apples--and I'm not complaining at all, ever about that.

Speaking of things I won't complain about, my little brother, Thomas, has to be the funniest person I know. Hope was really mad at him the other night for writing all over in her planner, but when she started reading me the things he had written, we both couldn't help but laugh. He's hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious, has anyone been watching Ellen lately? Of course you have. My mom records them for me so I can watch them at night every once in a while {meaning almost every night this past week}. And with the start of her tenth season, she's had so many funny segments. I think my all time favorites are her dance dares and Dennis Quaid and the song lyrics at Costco.



Speaking of people who have been on Ellen, ....Dwight Howard, we really could have had something. And then you had to break my heart and become one of those L words. Now, I won't even be cheering for you when you play the Jazz. Such a shame.

Speaking of sports, I took Hope and Thomas to see Trouble with the Curve over the weekend (mostly good, but I am not the biggest fan of Clint Eastwood and his language.) Before the movie started, I saw the trailer for this movie and I had chills running up and down my spine and tears coming to my eyes. It looks like it will be amazing!

Speaking of amazing, not a day that goes by when I don't think about this amazingly fun trip to California we took over two years ago. It was so laid back and spontaneous, but one of my absolute favorite trips we've taken as a family. Traveling with the fam is always fun though.

Speaking of traveling, I have the itch right now to buy a plane ticket to...anywhere really. But I guess I can wait until graduation to go somewhere...we'll see if I make it.

Speaking of school, ohhh wait...I have none next week!! Fall Break is Reason 5738920 that I love going to the University of Utah.

Speaking of the University of Utah, 
GO UTES!!! 
We're playing USC later tonight!
 Fingers crossed, I think it will be a good (but very chilly) game.

1 comment:

  1. growing up i was always taught the importance of conference, but now i understand it. now i love it as much as my parents. i once had a seminary teacher assign homework; to take noes during conference. i was bugged, but did it anyways. now i choose to take notes, i love to take notes. ahhh point is i love conference and i'm so glad this is the weekend it returns!
    also, this post concept "speaking of"... I LOVE IT! speaking of loving it (yeah, i just did that) that song lyrics at costco video killlled me. 42... chilllls. why are movies like that always soo good, all of them are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger