10.08.2012

favorite general conference thoughts.


This conference was absolutely what I needed and so many words/phrases stood out to me and seemed like they were meant for me. I can't possibly share everything I loved and wrote down, but here are a few things I absolutely loved and needed to hear. {If you click on the names, you should be directed to a video of their individual talks} I can't wait to go back and listen to the talks again and again this week, this month, the next six months. It is important to study these plain and precious words from the leaders of our Church. I know they are divinely inspired and I was telling my friend how amazed I am, how grateful I am that I know we receive revelation from God that is for all the members of our church (like this historic announcement) and we can receive messages intended for us from Heavenly Father in the form of personal revelation. 

Sister Ann M. Dibb: I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it. 
Elder Russell M. Nelson: Stop the boys on the bikes!
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: We must begin to walk that eternal path today. We must not take any day for granted. Life is not to be appreciated only in retrospect. You cannot be like the boy who dips his toe in the water and claims he went swimming. You are capable of so much more. Sometimes we wear our busyness as a badge of honor.  Become who you were designed to be. Your Heavenly Father will illuminate your path.
Elder L. Tom Perry: Through all the fast paced changes around us, we earnestly pray and work to ensure that the values of Jesus Christ endure.
Elder M. Russell Ballard: Simple daily acts of service may not seem like much...but...there is power in our love for God and his children. Pollinate the world with the pure love of Christ.
Elder Robert C. Gay: "Son, would you sell your soul for a nickel?" God is mindful of each of us and will never forsake us. 
Elder Scott D. Whiting: The Lord knows the level of our efforts and if we have done our very best.
Elder Neil L. Andersen: The gift of faith is a priceless spiritual endowment.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: As a pilot, I touched the skies. As a church member I have felt heaven's embrace.
President Henry B. Eyring: Heavenly Father, I will give you all of my time, please show me how to fill it! His time should be enough for us since we know that He wants only what is best. In moments of pain, loneliness or confusion, we don't need to see Christ in order to know He's there. The pavilion that seems to intersect of divine aid doesn't cover God, but occasionally covers us. Do not let a pavillion block you from receiving Heaven's aid and blessings.
Sister Linda K. Burton: First observe then serve. Ask yourself, "Am I doing this for the Savior or am I doing this for me?" 
Elder Walter F. Gonzalez: "Come that you may feel and see." When everything else seems to fail.. He will not fail you. He knows how to succor His people.
Elder Jeffery R. Holland:  Love God and remain clean from the blood and sins of this generation. We won't quit and we won't go back. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need disciples. 
President Thomas S. Monson: I've learned to never postpone a prompting. Take an inventory of your life and look specifically for the blessings large and small that you have received. The Lord is in the details of our lives. Service opportunities are always there for us--are we listening and opening our hearts to the Spirit?
Elder Robert D. Hales: How are we doing in our quest to follow Christ? What kind of Christians are we? 
Elder Marcus B. Nash: Steadfast faith will anchor you to the rock of our Redeemer. The Lord will –through our faith- fulfill His promises and work with us to overcome every challenge. 
Elder Daniel L. Johnson: Discipleship is doing and becoming. 
Elder David A. Bednar: Conversion. You can't rely on borrowed oil.  Conversion unto the Lord requires patience and persistence. Conversion is an offering of self, of love and of loyalty. Conversion comes...Patiently and persistently. No shortcut is available.


What were some of your favorite thoughts and talks from General Conference? 

4 comments:

  1. Love everyone of these quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I loved conference so much this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pulled out many of my favorite thoughts! Wasn't conference just amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what i love about reading thoughts from others is that so much of conference is universally loved and heard while still remaining personal and special to each of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger