9.18.2012

this is what you get with two five minute study breaks.

{my favorite hoodie, my favorite dog, my favorite glasses, my favorite ponytail, my favorite top knot, my favorite bedroom. so darling, xo.}

technically three with writing this post, but it's fine.
 don't mind me, just a little crazy right now from studying for my test on thursday.

this will mainly just be a lot of things that have been on my mind and things i want to have for future reference.


In my scripture study the past few days/nights, through a bunch of footnote searching and looking through some of my favorites, I stumbled across and rediscovered some really great ones. Here are just a few of many I've been reading and finding:
-Psalms 71:14
-1 Peter 4:8
-Phillipians 1 & 4 (Both of these chapters are excellent)
-Luke 6:43-49
-Alma 37:36-37
-2 Nephi 4
-Mosiah 4
-Ephesians 3:14-21
-Colossians 3:14-15, 17
-Matthew 19:26

On Sunday, in Relief Society, we talked about faith. Sidney's lesson was truly amazing and it got me thinking about many things. Here are some of my favorite thoughts and quotes from the lesson:

Now remember, give the Lord a chance. You are going to ask a favor. Give the Lord a chance. Ask him to open the way.

The Lord has a way of accomplishing things that we are unable to do, and never asks us to do anything that he does not make the way possible. That is what he told us through Nephi. He will not require anything without preparing the way.

If you have something that the Lord asks or expects you to do and you don’t know just how to proceed, do your best. Move in the direction that you ought to go; trust the Lord, give him a chance, and he will never fail you.

What a wonderful thing it is to know that we can, if we will, hold our Heavenly Father’s hand and be guided by Him.

We know that faith is a gift of God; it is the fruitage of righteous living. It does not come to us by our command, but is the result of doing the will of our Heavenly Father. If we lack faith let us examine ourselves to see if we have been keeping His commandments, and repent without delay if we have not. … May the Lord increase our faith, and may we live to be worthy of it.

[God] didn't become a God through an easy life.

If the foundation of faith is not embedded in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble.

When we understand the character of God, and know how to come to Him, he begins to unfold the heavens to us, and to tell us all about it. When we are ready to come to him, he is ready to come to us. -Joseph Smith, History of the Church, 6:308

Two of just many people who have been on my mind a lot as of the past few days:

Natalie. (holler) I have thought a lot about how grateful I am to know her and have that friendship. She is one of those people that does the most unbelievable things and yet she can be so subdued whenever you are around her.  I have always been so impressed with how rock solid she is in her faith and she is also one of the most fun/hilarious people I know. Thanks for listening to me or going on random Thai dinner dates/Millcreek Canyon drives.

Jessi. She's been such a great friend to me; she's always shown so much genuine concern and I hope I've done the same for her. We don't see each other a lot, but we text or talk almost every single week and we still are caught up on what is going on in each other's lives. I'm so grateful for our long chats about everything, especially our spiritual talks. Her friendship and her testimony has taught me so much. Thank you for always listening and sharing your joys with me.

My heart is so full right now, full of extreme gratitude. 

I am so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful support system through my family and many, many friends. I know I wouldn't have made it to where I'm at and I know I won't be able to go where I'm headed without the influences of these people and the ones who are yet to come into my life. Most of all, I'm so grateful for a loving, patient, forgiving, merciful Heavenly Father who has been with me every step of the way, and His Son, Jesus Christ, who has provided me with a way to return to Him someday. I am so unworthy of their love...yet I know it is strong, infinite, and eternal--it is there for me and for you and anyone who will cast their cares upon them and put their trust in their goodness and plan for us.

4 comments:

  1. i love your blog posts. keep the up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and wonderful! I love those moments when my heart is so full of gratitude as well!

    Also I love your cuddly study pictures! And I love that your mind has been so enlightened this week to faith. It made me start thinking about it too. "Give God a chance." I LOVE that! So many times I pray for something, and then I'm tapping my feet, staring at the sky waiting for it to fall on my head. That's the hardest part is trusting that it will come EVENTUALLY.

    Thanks for always sharing your testimony. I seriously love that no matter the FHE lesson or the RS lesson, you always walk away with a fuller heart and something to say about it. Your spirit is just so impressionable to all things GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the cutest person ever. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww i'm gone for a weekend and references/pictures of the two of us explode all over your blog;) hahaha. i am honored though. thank YOU for being such a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger