9.04.2012

only markers


“There will be moments of beginnings and moments of endings throughout our lives, but these are only markers along the way of the great middle of our eternal lives. Whether we are at the beginning or the end, whether we are young or old, the Lord can use us for His purposes if we simply set aside whatever thoughts limit our ability to serve and allow His will to shape our lives. The Psalmist says, “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we [should] rejoice and be glad in it.”


-Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

I was thinking about this quote today and how grateful I am for my life. I have been blogging for over three years now. Three years ago, I was starting my college experience and now I am getting ready to leap towards graduate school. Today, my sister started her sophomore year of high school (first year of high school in these here parts) and my brother started up 8th grade. Last night, Thomas did a lesson for FHE about education and we took turns reading paragraphs of this. I read this second paragraph:

"Education will prepare you for greater service in the world and in the Church. It will help you better provide for yourself, your family, and those in need. It will also help you be a wise counselor and companion to your future spouse and an informed and effective teacher of your future children."

I couldn't help but feel peace with my life and gratitude and happiness about things when we were reading through this section in the For Strength of Youth pamphlet. I feel like I'm on track and even though I may have a lot of decisions and unknown in front of me, it's nice to know that the Lord will be able to use me for helping those around me and bringing about His purposes. The lesson ended with me in tears (of course) about how grateful I am for my education. Sheesh, ever since last May, I have become such a weepy person over the tiniest things. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'd rather be able to have these emotions than not. Life is good and I can't wait to look back on these times of my life and be filled with even more gratitude for the way the Lord is and always will be shaping my life. 

Be joyful...now. 

1 comment:

  1. I needed that first quote. Your quotes always are exactly what I need. Thank you for such an inspirational blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger