7.16.2012

the beauty in peace and calm.

i love love love summer thunderstorms. 
i was driving from work to pcmc through the avenues when it started to rain lightly and by the time i came out, it was a full blown downpour. i especially love driving through salt lake city in the rain. 

taking a break from the annotated bibliography...using photobooth, naturally.

i've been thinking a lot lately about the fruits of the spirit and how they relate to a lot of things in my life right now. i was talking to my mom last night about a particular thing and how it has never caused me to feel contentious or question anything. i just feel comfortable and at peace, unlike a lot of other experiences i have had where i feel like i need to constantly be on my toes or sarcastic or witty to "survive", if you will. while i was driving through the avenues on my way up to pcmc and it was lightly raining, i sat at a stop sign for longer than i should have (luckily no cars were around) and i let the droplets collect on my windshield before i let them be brushed away. softly in the background of my racing thoughts, i heard these words coming softly from my stereo, "Only you know how to hear me through the silence. You reach a part of me that no one else can see." and all of the things that have been on my mind slowed and became peaceful. i looked around and felt so grateful for such a beautiful day, for such beautiful thoughts. i have no idea if any of this is making sense, but my main point is that i love those quiet, calm moments when things do not seem to collide. life seems peaceful even for just an instant-- your thoughts seem to suddenly be in harmony and your worries seem to suddenly calm. i feel so grateful for those moments. i think it's those moments that put a little spring in your step and help you move forward with faith.

well, back to the grind of article databases. i had a fantastic surprise when i came home after a long day...our road is finally repaved after having it ripped up for nearly two months. i had a nice night of going to fhe, wearing my favorite hoodie and flip-flops, going to zupa's with carly, and listening to some great tunes. sorry, karen carpenter, but rainy days seem to never get me down.

2 comments:

  1. oh my. so many good songs on that playlist. rainy day music is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the playlist! Definitely getting some of the music for my own iPod :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger