5.28.2012

memorial day




"Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay. But we can honor their sacrifice, and we must. We must honor it in our own lives by holding their memories close to our hearts, and heeding the example they set." —Barack Obama

I am grateful for this day that we have in our country to remember those who have gone before us and the freedoms we enjoy in this nation. May our lives honor their sacrifices and the principles which many men and women have fought for and protected and those who continue to fight and protect today. I am grateful for my grandpa always taking the time to tell us his stories from WWII and these priceless pictures we have of his days in the service. As we visited his grave and the graves of many of our loved ones at cemeteries all over the valley this weekend, I repeatedly felt a wave of gratitude wash over me. I feel so blessed to have come from a heritage of people who were devout in their beliefs and their standards. I hope I can live up to their expectations and learn from their examples. 

Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger