5.02.2012

"i hope she doesn't have a high squeaky voice like the mice in cinderella. i hate that."

 Another semester is done!!
Two more left...and then two more years!!

When I walked out of my last final on Monday afternoon, I started to feel a combination of...

-sad about being closer to being done with my undergrad
-really frustrated with how hard this semester was 
-happy that it was finally done

I might sound crazy and I know I still have another year before it's acceptable for me to be sad about being done with my undergraduate education, but I have to say, I love learning and I'm so grateful and blessed to have the opportunity to go to college and get an education. Over the weekend when we were driving somewhere, I listened to my mom tell me some symptoms that my grandpa's neighbor had been having and I was able to say, "I think that must be a retro-cochlear problem. it sounds like he needs to be referred for an MRI and have they done an ABR for him? What about OAEs? Does he have a hard time with speech in noise?...." I went on and on. I also think it's really interesting to listen to the quality of people's voices and sometimes in my mind, I find myself giving voices a Wilson Voice Profile Rating. It's amazing how much I have been learning and I can't wait to learn more in the next year, then hopefully in graduate school starting in Fall 2013!

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on being done with the semester! its the greatest feeling to be done with that last final :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Catherine! We need to hang out soon because I am already missing the after institute story times haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! You will do great things. :) Also, I made my blog private for a while, but I quite enjoy being blog buddies. If you want to shoot me an email, I'd love to add you!

    shelby.ballif@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger