3.09.2012

You don't really want that. It's a hundred years old.



{things that made me happy this week}

1. Happy 100th Birthday, Oreo! [March 6] Thanks for being milk's favorite cookie for so many years and bringing millions of tastebuds so much joy. At some point, every member of my family was asking for me about Oreos or to bring them some Oreos, I would cleverly reply, "You don't really want that. It's a hundred years old." Here were the responses I got. Can you guess which family member said what?? (*see answers at the bottom)

A) "It's okay, I like a cookie with some cooties."
B) "Catherine, you're so funny."
C) "Oh, well...okay."
D) "Well, I'm going to make them into some truffles now."

2. Graeter's Ice Cream. My dad discovered it a few years ago when he'd go on business to Ohio and he's been addicted ever since. Black Raspberry Chip or Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Just go to Smith's and get some. You won't regret it.

3. My mint fingernails typing away at work, on school assignments, at research all week long. I think working on a computer is infinitely better when you have such a happy color on your fingernails.

4. Wearing my turquoise LC trench coat and cognac penny loafers with a simple white blouse, jeans and a springy cardigan on Tuesday. Despite the chilly temperatures after such a nice day on Monday, I determined that I'm pulling out the spring wardrobe...for the most part and it will be here to stay.

5. At research this week, I was packing up and getting ready to leave when I checked my phone to see four texts from Holly about what rides I most wanted to go on in Disneyland/California Adventure after my 10 year absence. So while I was waiting for things to send and print and save on the main computer, I looked up a map of Disneyland and California Adventure on my laptop just as my professor walks out and says while laughing, "So is that going to be your new research project?" and then when I explained to him that I was going to be in California for Spring Break, he looked at me with a big smile and paused for a minute, then said, "Ahhh. Spring Break. It's so great. You are going to have the best time!" It made my afternoon.

6. Cereal + Milk = The dominant choice for lunch at work this week. All I have to do is walk downstairs, get some milk from the vending machines in the larger break room and walk back upstairs. It's genius and it is by far one of the best lunch options I have at this new building.

7.  So, this skit is just excellent.  Prince's smirk, Jay-Z's laugh, and Bon Iver. I've been laughing about it all week.

8. Favorite reads of the week: This just explains my love of this movie perfectly. This made me cry. This is probably one of the most adorable posts ever....my heart sings for her! And...I got a letter from Hermana Allen!! :)

9. Photo Booth with the brother after his amazing basketball game.

10. Going to two wedding receptions for my two friends this weekend--both named Jessica :)


what made you happy this week?

*ǝsɹnoɔ ɟo˙˙˙ǝdoɥ (p
ǝsɹnoɔ ɟo˙˙˙pɐp (ɔ
˙ɹǝʍsuɐ sıɥ ɹoɟ sɹɐןןop buıןqıs uoıןןıɯ ǝuo pǝʌıǝɔǝɹ sɐɯoɥʇ 'ǝıןɐʇɐu ɯoɹɟ ǝsɐɹɥd ɐ ʍoɹɹoq oʇ (q
ɯoɯ (ɐ

3 comments:

  1. love weddings, oreos, and pretty nail polish!
    you're living my dream week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't mint nails the best? I agree, typing is so much better with cute fingers. Adorable blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so much fun :)

    The only way I like oreos is if I dip them in milk...until I drop the oreo and I'm trying to fish it out of my glass haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger