3.25.2012

we're all just pieces in their games.


thought i'd put in my two cents about hunger games.

the verdict: LOVED IT. 

and i am trying to figure out when i can see it again...and again.

initially, i didn't like who they cast for peeta...but as the movie progressed, i fell more in love with peeta and i feel like he was the perfect choice for peeta. now, like everyone else, i can't really decide between gale and peeta.

i cried from the point when katniss ran out and yelled, "i volunteer! i volunteer as tribute!" until they got onto the train. i just couldn't handle it and i thought of how i would do the same for my sister. i cried when cinna talked to katniss before she entered the arena. i cried when rue died. i cried when peeta looked over at katniss at the end and realized it was all for the games. 

i jumped not once, not twice, but three times when the mutts came and attacked. 

i thought the capitol perspective was a nice addition to the movie. 

i loved this post that mandy wrote about it. you truly can't compare the feelings i felt when i read the book to the feelings i had when i watched the movie. 

i really can't wait to see what they do with catching fire and mockingjay.

"Take my hand and my heart races
Flames illuminate our faces"


i also loved this song on the soundtrack.

what were your thoughts?

if you haven't, go see this movie.
if you have already, come see it with me again.

4 comments:

  1. absolutely loved loved the movie! i thought they followed the book inanely well. peeta perfection! may the odds be in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah i want to see it so bad! I'm torn about who they cast a peeta as well. Glad he grew on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear ya! I loved that movie. I just read the book a few days ago & then went to see the movie. I had my popcorn sitting on my lap when the dog jumped out in the scene & my popcorn with FLYING! luckily it didnt hit anyone in the head but it was quite embarrassing. haha Can't wait for #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm I need to go. Take me with you okay!? PS: We still need to see This Means War :) love. you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger