3.06.2012

"There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope." - Bern Williams


I remember when I was doing my clinicals for CNA during one summer in high school, I grumpily thought, "I swear this is the only job that requires you to wake up at 5 AM." as my dad drove me to my clinicals and dropped me off on a Saturday morning. I laugh at my naive sixteen year old self, because even in my job, which is completely unrelated to anything in the medical field, I have to get up at 5 A.M. and I salute every person who gets up at 5 (or even before 5, heaven forbid!) for work, definitely including those in nursing. But between all the yawns during the day and going to bed super early at night or feeling that "2 PM crash" at 11 AM, it has it's benefits.

Driving in this morning, this song came on and  as if on cue with the music, I was seeing the dark night suddenly turn into light pink stripes across a rich gold sky and combine with pastel purples and blues. It was absolutely stunning.

My great grandmother used to say, "Red sky in morning, sailor's warning. Red sky at night, sailor's delight."  1 If I were a sailor, I'd probably only find delight in the sunrise and the sunset. I think my love of sunrises and sunsets comes from my grandparents and my parents always pointing them out to me, but this morning, I realized that I love them so much because of the peace and love I feel when I see them. It's like all of the stress and worries of this week drained out of me when I saw the sunrise this morning and I felt a very deep feeling of gratitude and love swelling within me. Then, I realized that sunrises and sunsets are just one of many reminders of how lucky I am to be alive and surrounded by beauty.

I feel very grateful and blessed to have a job that allows me to wake up at 5 AM and see these beautiful things.

ps: i have been tagged by a few of my friends to do the eleven things that has been circling around. i will get to it sometime this week! :)

3 comments:

  1. ugh clinicals for CNA will always be in my nightmares.
    we don't have the best facilities where i live and our class was assigned the Alzheimer's unit. So upsetting

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so agree catherine, as horrid as it is to get up at 5 am, you can't beat that sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post. and i just love how grateful you are for your job, especially for all those who are not so lucky. and yes, morning sunrises are the most beautiful, and peaceful ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger