2.12.2012

Twelve: who i love - Steph


Today we have a post from Stephanie!!

I think we all know how much I adore Steph and I'm so glad she said she would guest post again for me, since she writes about love so beautifully. {previous post here}

Enjoy!!

--------------

I love that Catherine is doing this series. She's such a fine lady. I just love these lovey posts because

1. I am a hopeless romantic (as mentioned by previous authors...) and

2. Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I'm not sure if I love it because of my weirdy obsession with all things pink and junk-food, or if I love it because it celebrates love? Maybe both.

I understand that a lot of people hate Valentine's Day, but single or not, I've always loved it. I love those tasteless pastel conversation hearts. I love sappy cards and stickers. I love chocolate and flowers. I love every part of that cheese-fest we call a Holiday. Get over your mopey selves and buy something delicious to eat while you sit in a tub of bubbles. That sounds heavenly to me.

Anywho, let's get on with this post. I love love. I decided to write and make you all jealous of this guy I dated once upon a time (he's currently taking a 2-year hiatus in a foreign country a.k.a. while I try to date other people and let him go). Ladies, these little things are what you should look for in a guy, mmk?


He called to ask me on our first date. I didn't know him very well, but he called me and asked me on a date that he prepared for. That's the way it should be.

Even when I wasn't sure about my feelings for him, he was persistent. Not in a creepy, bothersome kind of way, but in an "I think you are a girl worth pursuing, and I'm not about to give up" kind of way.

I am a stubborn girl who always likes to have her way. He's the only man who doesn't get frustrated with my irrationality, and who can respectfully put me in my place when I need it.


He took the time to leave flowers on my dresser even when I told him I was too busy and didn't have the time to get together that day.

He's an incredible chef. Yes, that man can cook. Wonderful tactic, sir.

I've never heard him talk about an actress's or another lady's looks. He really makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful person he's ever seen.

He makes me go running with him early in the morning, even when I yell at him that I don't want to go.

He has given me space and time over and over again to date other people. He's so confident that I will always come back to him. He's right.

He gave me his grandmother's opal and ruby pendant. How romantic is that?

us. being idiots. 

When we go out and he starts dancing in a mall or making faces in a restaurant, I get nervous and self-conscious. He on the other hand, does not. He teaches me how to be a better human.

I look up to everything he is.

He has set a high bar for suitors, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy lovers day:)

--------------

Aren't they the cutest? :)
I know both of them from high school and
they are such outstanding individuals, so sweet as a couple.
Thank you, Steph!

2 comments:

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger