2.06.2012

Six: Thoughts on Love and Friendship - Emma





Today, we have Emma from emma the joy


I found her blog when I started blogging and I love her posts. 
They are always so sweet and simple.
She has great taste and sense of style, 
and sometimes shares her own amazing recipes


Enjoy!


-----------


hi everyone!  my name is emma and my little space on the internet is called emma the joy.  when catherine asked me to participate in her fourteen days of love series my mind automatically went to a post about my sweet hubby and all the amazing things he does for me...but seeing as i blog about him like, on a daily basis, i decided to talk about something a little bit different.

this past summer my world was completely turned around when one of my best friends was killed in a hit-and-run accident while riding her bike.  i was faced with the greatest loss i have ever experienced and had to learn to cope when i didn't think it was possible.  it was one of the hardest times in my life, but i learned so much about myself and the importance of friendship.  my friends and i grew so much closer from the experience, and i have realized that time must not be wasted! 


me with my best friends on my wedding day.  sweet brynn is the second from the left.


before brynn died i would pass up opportunities with friends and family because i was completely exhausted from work or just didn't feel like going out.  now i take every opportunity possible because i have learned {the hard way} that you never know when you will get to see that person again. 

so, this past year i set a goal to really nuture my relationships with my friends and fam --- to show them how much i love them.  and during this month of love you should too! here are just a few ideas of how you can show others you love them: 
  • bake them a treat.  of course this is first on my list because i have the biggest sweet tooth in the word.  everyone loves a treat!  check out my recipe index if you need any yummy ideas.
  •  plan a lunch/dinner/dessert date to catch up with friends.
  •  send them a valentine via mail or email.  pinng has some really cute valentine's day ecards here.  there isn't a person i know that doesn't love getting mail!
  •  send a quick text/facebook message to let them know you're thinking about them.
take some extra time to show your friends you love them this month, you won't regret it.  happy valentine's day!


--------------------


Thank you, Emma!!

1 comment:

  1. i love emma's blog. she is such a sweetie.
    and i would pay some major bucks for her treats

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger