2.04.2012

Four: Falling and Going Out On A Limb - Holly



Today we have a post from my MFEO BFF, Holly!!

Her blog is a really fun one and it has been so very exciting for me 
to watch her fall in love for the past few months.

Enjoy!!

---------------------------------------

I want to start by saying THANK YOU to Catherine for letting me be a part of this fun 14 days of love!  I have always loved the month of February and I'm excited to be a part of this little celebration of the month that is so often symbolized by love.  

Today I'm going to go out on a limb (no pun intended) and talking about falling, no, not falling off tree branches, but falling in Love. I know what you're thinking, this girl is a major sap, why is she talking about this?  I want to say, I feel a little sheepish talking about this too and also, that I am by no means an expert on this kind of stuff.  All I know, is that there are a few things I wish someone would have told me so that I could understand falling; why it's scary and why it's worth it.  First a little background on me.  This is my first February ever having a boyfriend.  We've been dating a little over 3 months and I'm super happy.  He is my 2nd "real" boyfriend, 3rd "real" kiss but probably the 4th or 5th boy I've ever thought I was "in love with"(whether I'd dated them or not).  Let me clarify that I believe Loving someone is very different from being In Love with someone, this boy is the first boy I've truly loved AND dropped the L word for (ha ha).  


In my experience, Falling and letting someone know how much you like them or love them gets harder with each subsequent and new encounter with love.  I think this is because once you've tried love a couple of times you also know heartbreak and how hard it is to open yourself up then have your heart smashed by someone (or to have to break someone else's heart).  Whether you loved that person or not, you spend a LOT of time with the people you date and you will end up caring for them (maybe this is love too?).  No matter what bugged you about them, etc. its usually a hard thing to go through a break up.  But falling is worth it!  You can't live life with a closed heart.  That broken heart will mend, and someday the right person will find you and being vulnerable will be worth it. 

Falling is hard because, even if you've done it a million times before, if it's your time with the "right one", you are going to have to fall that much deeper to "take that next step".  Falling and dating is always a new experience but that is also why falling is worth it!  With each experience you learn a thousand new things, both about another person and (for me, at least) about yourself.  This is going to sound totally dumb but Vincent Van Gogh once said, "The way to know life is to love many things." This doesn't mean you should go out and think you love every boy out there but, I think, that it does mean that everything, and everyone you love contributes to your life and what you know life to be.  Falling is worth it because it makes you a better person!  

Falling is scary. And if you're like me, you are going to have a few minor freak outs, or a better way to say that, You are going to have questions go through your mind.  Is this love? This is a lot like the last time, is that a bad thing?  But I want to tell you, freak outs are not a bad thing!  Obviously, there are things we call red flags and you can't pawn those off as minor freak outs, but if you are falling, know that it is okay to feel a little scared, there is probably going to be someone to catch you at the bottom.  And if there isn't, well, you learned a lot and you are better prepared for when the right one finds you and you find him.  Falling is helping YOU become a better "right one" for your "right one".  

So,  when love comes to you, go out on a limb!  That's where all the fruit is, right?  The fall isn't as scary as you might think and it is so worth it in the end.  

Happy February everyone!  Enjoy the hearts and the candy and the random love notes.  If you find nothing else good about this month, well, at least there's always the new Channing Tatum movie, right?  :) 

X.O.  Holly Michele

---------------------------------------

Thanks for this post, Holly!!!

Falling in love is scary and sometimes it doesn't work out, but it is always worth it.
And when it does work out, there's nothing better!!

3 comments:

  1. totally agree about the vow :)
    great post, falling in love is SOOOOO fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a tender/sweet post! So happy it's her first valentine's with a boyfriend! love is such a special word. I agree! Thanks for sharing her blog with me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Holly! "The way to know life is to love many things." It always scary to fall in love and also to stay in love and keep falling further. But it is wonderful to love many people, many things. I makes a life full of rejoicing. Thanks for being one of the people I love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger