1.08.2012

young at heart//a major weeper


this song usually brings tears to my eyes and today, i woke up with the line of this song stuck in my head: "Fairy tales can come true. It can happen to you if you're young at heart."  

i decided why i always meet with my bishop for the one-on-one meetings after church. today, he wanted me to meet with him fifteen minutes before church started and i couldn't stop crying in relief society, sunday school, and sacrament. to top it all, i've been off-and-on crying since i came home. a few of these tears were sad tears, but they are mainly tears of love and gratitude and humility and overwhelming concern.

i won't apologize for crying. i mean, i do apologize if it's turning into some kind of unbearable ugly cry. but crying is just a part of who i am. love it or leave it. while i was making dinner tonight, i came to decide that it is more than okay for me to cry. i am a sensitive person, almost too sensitive at times. i think that might be one of the best things i have been given--sensitivity. i don't want to go into the "why" of that, but i also know i am very much a strong person too. i can accomplish what i set my mind to if i have God's infinite, encompassing, healing love in my life. i can and i do. that's how i've gotten this far in life. i know it without a doubt and i know that God is the reason why the fairy tales have (and will) come true in my life.

thank you. 
thank you. 
thank you. 

{saw this on pinterest and love-love-loved it, of course}

4 comments:

  1. i cry all the time too hahaha :)

    when the pieces fall together in life it's just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to get all I-hate-society-and-it-is-ruining-our-lives, but I think that people/society try to suppress emotions like they're a bad thing, especially with outward expressions of it, like crying. It's fine to cry. It's just a reflection of how you're feeling!

    Or maybe I just say these things to myself all the time because I am such a cryer, too. Haha. You're so great, Catherine. And I'm sure you are a fantastic RS president. I can picture it perfectly, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a crier. And terribly sensitive too. And I agree, it can be one of the best things about people. This world needs a little more sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need a good cry sometimes! Hopefully yours are more happy tears soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger