1.04.2012

It's fine.

Yesterday morning, I was so impressed with myself.
Makeup, hair curled and in a cute updo, and all ready for work within 20 minutes.
I was walking into work and I made sure I had everything in my bag. I walked in and then I realized I hadn't put in earrings and my ears were bare to the world. Not that big of a deal, but as I'm walking towards the stairwell, I was still rubbing my earlobes like my fingers would magically make earrings appear, then single guy walks in and sees me doing this and says with a big grin, "Hey! Are your ears cold or something?" and while I semi-laugh and tell him good morning,  I think to myself, "What is this? The best two out of three?" and then I think... 

-"RUB YOUR EARS!"
-"Rub your ears?"
-"That's a great idea."
-"That's a very good idea. Rub your ears. Cory does that to me sometimes."
-"We do it to the dog."


It's fine.
-------------

Last night, I found a screamin' deal (yes, I just said "screamin' deal"...it's fine.) on flights to California. I told Holly about them. And guess what I did today? 

Booked a flight with Holly to Long Beach, California for Spring Break to stay with Holly's sister, go to Disneyland, the beach, and enjoy some California sunshine. 

Let me repeat that: 
Booked a flight with Holly to Long Beach, California for Spring Break. 

Didn't even think twice about it. I think I had it booked and confirmed under five minutes. And guys, I am the least impulsive person on the planet and I have never done anything like this, ever. But I have felt strangely giddy about this spur of the moment decision all day. 


It's fine. 
-------------

Tonight, I saw "New Year's Eve" with Allie and Kacee on a complete whim and it turned out to be much better than I expected. While watching the previews, the preview for "Titanic 3-D" came on. And that's when I realized that I had never seen this movie. Everyone is always shocked by that when I tell them. It's also when I realized I was in first grade when it came out and won 11 Academy Awards. While Celine Dion was singing in surround sound and I felt goosebumps going up my arms, these were my exact thoughts, 

"What in the world? It's 2012 and I haven't seen Titanic, which came out in 1997. That's maybe weird. But it's weirder it's 2012 and I'm going to be 21 this year." 

That's just how I think, guys.
As you can tell, my thoughts are very profound...and stuff.

(you should enjoy this version of "my heart will go on" that rosie and i found during my first year of college...it's so great.)

It's fine.
------------

I feel REALLY good about this year the more I think about it {during movie previews and such} and when I think about everything I'm going to be doing this year...plus, now I'm going to California in March! YES!

It's more than fine :)

5 comments:

  1. I saw that movie last night and loved it! :D Oh how I want to go travelling! At least the single guy tried to be cute. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. you complete me. let's watch titanic together, i think it's time. and let's go to california together. oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I like it! And it's only the second day of the semester for me, but I am totally down with a Cali break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous you and Holly are going to Cali for spring break. even more jealous you have a spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay that sounds so fun
    :)
    feels good to be impulsive sometimes huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger