12.09.2011

In My Every Step

"Remember, you are interested in education not for life, but for eternal life. When you see that reality clearly with spiritual sight, you will put spiritual learning first and yet not slight the secular learning. In fact, you will work harder at your secular learning than you would without that spiritual vision.

...Your life is carefully watched over, as was mine. The Lord knows both what He will need you to do and what you will need to know. He is kind and He is all‐knowing. So, you can with confidence expect that He has prepared opportunities for you to learn in preparation for the service you will give. You will not recognize those opportunities perfectly, as I did not. But when you put the spiritual things first in your life, you will be blessed to feel directed toward certain learning and you will be motivated to work harder. You will recognize later that your power to serve was increased, and you will be grateful."

-Henry B. Eyring, Education For Real Life

I have to say that in all of the joy of the semester being over and this time of year in general...
I'm a little bit sad about my classes being over. I loved my classes this semester (maybe love is too strong of a word for my Hearing Science class...props to all of the budding audiologists in my major who stick through the classes I enjoy like language science and phonetics.)  Good thing I will continue in similar classes next semester. I love my major so much!
Have I said that before? :)

It is really amazing to see all that I've been able to accomplish this semester and the great things ahead (starting with hopefully great grades on my finals next week!). I know without a doubt that it wasn't solely my efforts that got me through the semester. There were a lot of days during this semester where I just wanted to give up and not try to juggle school, work, and everything else in my life, but I had a lot of support and love from family and from a loving Heavenly Father and Savior. If we put the Lord first, our time is expanded in ways we never thought were possible. If we let Him into our life, He directs our steps and He makes our path in life so much grander and meaningful than anything we could have forseen or wanted for ourselves.

 Through Him, all things are possible.( Phillipians 4:13)

Things that made me happy this week

1. The last two weeks of school are filled with finals and papers to be done. I don't know what it is about these two weeks, but I find things way more hilarious than I usually do (and my family says I laugh way too much and too hard at everything already). It's been great laughing at everything from attempting to parallel park to "loud whispered" phone conversations with my mom at the institute. All I can say is..."Oh dear."

{Sometimes a movie and peppermint ice cream with huge gobs of hot fudge
 is the only way to stay awake while studying. And that's okay.}

2. After our phonetics final, Jessi and I decided to head out to Fashion Place Mall and check out all the hype that is H&M and Crate and Barrel and everything else. And it is well worth the hype. It was so fun to just wander through the mall with Jessi.  We just talked and walked and drank lemonade as we wandered through the stores and admired Christmas decorations, clothes, furniture and everything in between.

3. Maverick hot chocolate run with Jessi and Holly in between classes. Always so good!

4. Watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas". Those Peanuts are so endearing.

5. All of the guys are starting to get home from their missions and as bittersweet as it is, the girls my age are starting to prepare to leave on their missions. Woo hoo for missionary work!!

6. It was our Christmas Social at work yesterday. It was fun to be able to go to a nice devotional and lunch yesterday. I am so blessed and grateful for my job!

7. Hope and I had Mikado last night for dinner. Mmmm.
"I'll see you tonight...sushi!"
 "SUSHI!!"
(name that movie)

8. No more super long days for a few weeks!!
(aka work at 6 am-ish...depending on the day...then going to school from about 1-6 pm).

9. Receiving texts from my dad throughout the day that say things like...
"Open your heart to all the love around you."
"You are right where you are supposed to be."
"Friendship is a gift in itself."
Someone loves his Dove dark chocolates a little too much.

10. Wouldn't it be great if every morning started like this?
 Confession: Sometimes, I DO start my morning like this (with the exception of living in NYC)
...just having that feeling like all of the energy in the world is in my every step and knowing how good life is!



PS: Want some Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer and other great products? I think we all do, so go and enter Stephanie's giveaways during this month!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I feel the same!
    And I love that movie!
    Enjoy your break! :) You earned it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger