12.28.2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year. I know I mentioned that already, but I just love being with my mom's side of the family for our Christmas Eve party. This year was no exception. We ate delicious food and I played with my cute little cousins. Then we gathered around to read Luke 2, talk about our favorite Christmas memories, and then sing Christmas songs until Santa came to visit us. It was truly a special party this year and one I will never forget. When we came home, we read Luke 2 and 3 Nephi 1. Then we got our new pajamas (our black friday finds) and we went to bed. It's nice now that Hope and Thomas are older that we can sleep in a little longer and by longer, I mean, we're all awake by 8 am.

I woke up to find:
-An Ann Klein red peacoat and Ann Klein black riding boots
-Three new outfits and cashmere socks
-A Spinbrush toothbrush and other dental delights like floss, toothpaste, and mouthwash...yes! (I love that my stocking always gets filled with essentials like dental hygiene stuff, makeup remover, shampoo, hairspray, hand sanitizer, lotion, etc. etc.)
-A new lunch box/bag for work (I was excited about it...probably because I picked all of my clothes out and knew almost everything I was getting for Christmas, except the lunch box.)

I loved that Christmas was on Sunday this year and that we were able to go to Church. I decided to be with my family and not go to my YSA ward. It was so fun to see all of my neighbors who I feel like I rarely see now and I loved sitting with my family during church. We had a beautiful Sacrament meeting filled with a piano and organ duet by my piano teachers and songs sung by the Primary, the Young Men/Young Women, and the Ward Choir with all of us joining in. My favorite song was the one we sang at the end, "I Believe In Christ". That has to be my absolute favorite hymn and it was so beautiful.


After church, we came home and we had a nice brunch with my mom's side of the family--just my grandparents and Uncle Erik's family. We sat around and talked and opened presents and skyped my Aunt Karyn and her family. It was so fun to see her house decorated at Christmas and I hope that sometime we can go back east for Christmas!

Around 5, we drove to Salt Lake to have dinner with my dad's side of the family. It was a delicious dinner and it was nice to be with that side of the family for a few hours. When we came home, we played a little Just Dance 3 and I was in bed by 11. Surprise, surprise. I was glad that we could just focus on being together as a family this Christmas and I loved that though it was simpler and different than a lot of our other Christmases, it was still just perfect and probably one of my favorite Christmases. So grateful for my family and for my faith that sustains me!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!


*Thanks for all of your get well wishes.You are all so sweet! I'm feeling better now, but boy, I don't think I had been that sick in a very long time.

*Also, Christmas miracles never cease...I got A's in all of my classes this past semester!! I couldn't be happier, because 1) this past semester was one of the craziest I have ever had and 2) there are so many people in my major that have to retake classes and it delays their graduation. Hopefully I can keep this up! I think it helps that I absolutely love what I'm doing too :)

1 comment:

  1. i too loved having christmas on a sunday this year, it made it so much better! hope you have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger