11.04.2011

Psi, Harry Potter, and Chicken Noodle Soup

{Things that made me happy this week}

1. Seeing all of the old Psi Officers last night and our advisor, Patti! It was such a great reunion, all 7 of us were there! Six of the seven of us (I am the remaining one...haha oops) are either dating someone, engaged, or gotten married since this time last year (well, Patti's always been married...duh). It was crazy for me to think that a year has gone by from (this crazy time in life) and all of the changes that we've gone through this past year and the many experiences we have had. I miss seeing the Psi girls on a regular basis and I wish we still had Lambda Delta Sigma, but life moves forward, right? I'm just glad that we all still stay in contact and we update each other. We talked and laughed and updated while we had the most delicious Chinese food at The Dragon Diner. Seriously. So. Good.

{psi officers + patti, our signature pose, january 2011}

2. Hot chocolate (with two shots of caramel) from this same Maverick. Seriously so perfect on the most bitter cold morning this week.

3. Dr. Roy let us out early yesterday, so I had about a half hour before I had to be in my next class. So I walked over to the bookstore and bought some hot cinnamon roasted pecans. (Basically my favorite thing ever. I have grown to love the pecans more than almonds, because they are softer and easier to chew.) Anyway, I sat on a cement ledge around one of the gardens by the library and called my mom for a bit and enjoyed the crisp fall weather.

4. Speaker phone conversations, then chauffering Holly and Jessi to campus.

5. My little brother, Thomas. He kills me. He's probably the funniest person I will ever know.

6. I woke up with a super bad migraine and stomach pain on Tuesday, so I ended up staying home from work and resting and studying before I went to school. It was the first day I've missed in a really long time. Hope has also been sick and not able to go to school. Before I left to go to school, it was fun for me to watch her face light up while she was watching Hugh Jackman make desserts with Martha Stewart. :) Someone has a little celeb crush.

7. My mom made homemade chicken noodle soup on Tuesday night. Needless to say, that is what my diet has mainly consisted of this week. It is SO GOOD. {Recipe here}

8. My professor cancelled our afternoon class on Wednesday, so after I took my Hearing Science test in the morning, I had my institute class and then I was free to go home. Institute was really amazing. I just love my class so much (The Gospel and the Productive Life). As I was driving home, I decided to take the 11th Avenue/Canyon scenic route that I love to take. Even though it was freezing outside, it was a sunny day and everything looked so beautiful. I don't know why, but I had music from the Harry Potter soundtracks playing and I just felt so happy. I felt such a strong feeling of love...Just filled with love. It sounds weird, but it was just a good drive home, full of thinking and plain good feelings.

9. This is the link to a talk my institute teacher used during the lesson. It is so good. Read it {here}.

10. This video...I don't even know. We are crazy. Remember this video? Also..guess what?! It's Kelsey's twentieth birthday today!! Happy Birthday, Kelsey!! Thanks for being such a great friend and example to me!





what are some things that made YOU happy this week?

have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Umm.... That hot chocolate sounds AMAZING! I'm going to Maverick TODAY! :)
    And chicken noodle soup sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try this recipe!
    Can you tell that winter is on my mind? Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger