11.24.2011

Grateful and Blessed

I am grateful for...

The people in my life....
Mom. Dad. Hope. Thomas. Grandparents. Aunts. Uncles. Cousins. Neighbors. Friends. Professors and classmates. Teachers who have influenced my life. My home ward. My YSA ward. And most importantly, a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. My Savior, Jesus Christ, who knows me and loves me. 

The things in my life...
Scriptures. A home. A bed to sleep in. A car to drive. Ways to communicate with others. Nice clothes. Coats. Shoes. Books. Movies. Music. A laptop.

The opportunities I have...
Freedom. Health. A wonderful job. A great college education. Serving others.

There are plenty of other things I am grateful for that I am probably forgetting to write about, but something that I am most grateful for is the Gospel in my life. It influences everything I do and it grounds me. I know it to be true and I am grateful for this holiday and the chance to spend it with people I love. I feel so incredibly blessed every day I have to live and be able to experience this life. 

I have loved watching and reading this throughout the week.

Excerpt: 


Be Thankful for Each Experience

Elder Hales stressed that we should never forget to thank Heavenly Father for the blessings, gifts, and talents He has given to us. He also taught: “We [should] express thankfulness for what happens, not only for the good things in life but also for the opposition and challenges of life that add to our experience and faith. We put our lives in His hands, realizing that all that transpires will be for our experience.”
These comments on gratefulness were included in an address given in general conference in 1992. In his October 2011 general conference address, Elder Hales also said that if we endure with a grateful attitude, then that which we endure will strengthen us. “We realize that the purpose of our life on earth is to grow, develop, and be strengthened through our own experiences. … Tests and trials are given to all of us. These mortal challenges allow us and our Heavenly Father to see whether we will exercise our agency to follow His Son,” he said.
Elder Hales concluded, “I express gratitude that ‘in my Gethsemane’ (“Where Can I Turn for Peace?” Hymns, no. 129) and yours, we are not alone. He that watches over us ‘shall neither slumber nor sleep’ (Psalm 121:4).”
Isn't there really just so much to be grateful for?! 
Happy Thanksgibbing Back!!
{watch this...love it so much}

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to look at things. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    P.S. I'm hosting TWO giveaways! An Earth to Alice giveaway and a Chickey Designs giveaway. Don't forget to enter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger