10.28.2011

What are some things that made you happy this week?

On Sunday, we ask the girls in Relief Society "What are some things that made you happy this week?" This came about after trying to do a good news minute, after asking five people to tell five things about themselves, and a few other attempts that didn't go over so well. Carly {who gave this lesson as well} gave a lesson in July about happiness and the simple things. She asked this question at the beginning of the lesson and about twenty hands shot up in the air. Since then, it's kind of stuck and I love hearing about what makes people happy and things that brought them happiness in the past week.


I really think it's important for each of us to reflect on the little things that bring us happiness. I think it plain and simple makes us happy when we recognize those little things, but it also brings a spirit of gratitude into our lives. I know that when we have a positive outlook and an attitude of gratitude for what we have been given, it is clear that there is truly little more that we could want or need in this life.

Here are ten things that made me happy this week:

1. My anatomy class. I had a test on Tuesday which I felt pretty good about and then I felt like everything in class was really funny yesterday (especially when my professor started talking like Yogi Bear...uh yeah, I was dying). I don't know what it is about that class, but I absolutely love it.

2. Finding a Maverick in Salt Lake City with gas for $3.35. I felt like I had hit the jackpot. I'm sure Costco is still a few cents cheaper, but I was so grateful for this little Maverick discovery when I was running almost empty on Monday.

3. Singing along to this Queen song on my way home on Tuesday night. I had forgotten how fun it is to sing along with Queen at the top of my lungs.

4. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have class until 5ish and traffic is always a nightmare when I try to go home. But when I drive through the Avenues, it seems to get me home a little quicker and I love seeing the fall leaves and cute houses.

5. Mylo Xyloto.

6. Good times with Jessi going to lunch at Cafe Rio and playing M.A.S.H. during Phonetics. I had it made in the shade with everything until our most expensive vacation we'd take would be going to Chuck E. Cheese, my husband (a super handsome doctor) died in a gang shooting at age 36, and I died at age 59 from "an overload of Cafe Rio burritos". Yikes. Needless to say, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

7. Going to Hope's junior high choir concert last night. It made me miss choir and it made me wish that Ms. M was still around to whip all of these choir kids into shape, but it is still really fun to see Hope sing and enjoy herself.

8. Listening to Holly tell me cute stories about things going on in her life right now. Love hearing about things that make my friends happy.

9. Wearing my favorite black and white checked coat the past three days. {see it here}

10. This picture is just great on so many levels. {go look at it here}

Now, this is probably the best part of this post : I want to start having Y-O-U tell me things that made you happy during the week. I have seen people do guest posts and I think it would be fun to feature some of you, my friends, on Fridays! If you would like to do a guest post on my blog with ten things that made you happy during the week (you can include pictures or whatever you want),  please email me at

[c.newman20@hotmail.com].

Can't wait to hear what makes you happy!!

1 comment:

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger