10.06.2011

Opportunities.



A few weeks back, I received a letter from one of my good friends on a mission. The first few times I read through this letter, I was mad. I mean, it was nice and all, but I thought there was a somewhat condescending or sarcastic tone. My parents insisted it was a nice letter, full of sincerity. But I set it aside in my box of letters and I didn't think about it anymore.

As I was driving to work this morning in complete darkness and pouring rain, I was praying, especially for help on my test this afternoon and that I would get to work safely. Suddenly, I had a line from that letter come to my mind. It goes something like, "You've been given a life full of opportunity and opportunities to do good, Catherine." I suddenly felt so grateful for that letter.* It was a good reminder to me that I need to rededicate myself and refocus on the opportunities I have been given and making the best I can out of the things I do have. I feel so grateful for what I have.

* Now you are probably wondering why I thought the letter was sarcastic in the first place...Ha, me too! Isn't that interesting?

1 comment:

  1. What a nice reminder for everyone! There's always some kidn of good we can do, no matter what we're facing. :)

    ~ Angela
    grahamandangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger